It's a metaphor

It's a metaphor

A Story by But?shouldyouneedus?

This is my happy place. As happy as I can be anyways. With scars all over my body and trembling hands I feel like I'm missing half of myself. I used to be whole and everyone nitpicked until I was almost empty. And i feel it now. Because at this very moment I stare at the trees and the green water and realize I'm 20 feet above ground and I can fix my problems at any moment I want. What's stopping me. I can't tell if I'm scared or not. Maybe I am. My heart is empty and my eyes are bloodshot. My arms are cut and my mind is scrambled. And I just can't feel a thing anymore. I'll just let myself drift away and sing myself to sleep over that 20 foot ledge. This place used to be a fun thing. Now this is where I go to cry and be alone. The green water used to be clearer and the drop used to feel like 100 feet. And the dirt used to be filled with grass. Now it's all beat up and empty. People vandalized it and broke it. I feel like maybe that's a metaphor. My childhood here was good. And now that it's run down. So am I.

© 2015 But?shouldyouneedus?


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Impressive. I'm afraid this is based on a true experience, which would make it even more touching. If it was, i hope you stay strong.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Ouch!!! Sounds painful being you. I never understood cutting but I am beginning to. It's hard to return to a happy place and expect it to be the same. Don't jump.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 11, 2015
Last Updated on May 11, 2015

Author

But?shouldyouneedus?
But?shouldyouneedus?

Goblin city , Labrynth



About
lighting new cigarettes pouring more drinks it has been a beautiful fight still is. -Charles Bukowski more..

Writing