The Mirror

The Mirror

A Poem by Landen Fergus

I love what I see when I look in the mirror. My smile, my skin tone, my body, my eyes. I can't help but feel fortunate when I see my reflection, because not all people get to see what I do. Not everyone shares a smile with their father who taught them values, hard work, and who paved the way for how they think. Not everyone shares the skin of their mother who showed them what love means and developed their heart to be that of compassion and empathy. Not everyone has the same scars as their friends who have encouraged them to chance their dreams and stood beside them through their darkest times. Not everyone's back is straight because they've been given the oppritunity to learn who they are through the guidence of others. Not everyone's eyes storm as they see their heros in the mirror and not everyone enjoys the photo album that is their reflection. So I am fortunate that I see the legacy I'm a part of in the mirror. For this I am grateful.

© 2015 Landen Fergus


Author's Note

Landen Fergus
Let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on November 8, 2015
Last Updated on November 8, 2015
Tags: Poetry, spoken word, family, reflection, mirror

Author

Landen Fergus
Landen Fergus

Pocatello, ID



About
Im not a writer, although I am someone who writes. I'm here to gain an audience for my writing, critics and potentially fans alike. I simply wish to share rather than stack notebooks to be found after.. more..

Writing
Baggage Baggage

A Story by Landen Fergus