Against all odds

Against all odds

A Story by MarthaDiane
"

Reflection on the timing of love

"

Love is a funny thing. Life is a funny thing. It is funny how you spend a quarter of your life looking for love in all the wrong places. Literally. You spend years in your safe surroundings thinking love will bump into you. But it does not. Even after leaving those safe surroundings for a year (but not completely though) hoping love will bump to you across the pond, but you return home disappointed. All my life I have been thinking about love, and I know I am not the only one. I know every human being feels the urge to be loved. And I truly believe that to love and to be loved in return is what completes humans. The hard part is to get the timing right. I have loved, and I have been loved, unfortunately not simultaneously. Or should I say fortunately, because otherwise I might not have met you. (Don’t you love how every cloud has its silver lining).

 

I have always wondered if there is someone out there who completes me. And always been scared of not running in to them. And this makes me smile. I am very aware our lives started out so differently, on different continents, in cultures that could not be any more different. But yet only 2 months apart from each other we said our first hellos to the world. You in the heart of summer in the Middle East, and me when leaves were already falling in Europe. Twenty-five years we lived our lives, with our own goals, our own pain and happiness, on different continents, unaware of each other. I wonder if you ever thought about meeting me, like I thought about meeting you, even though nor you nor me had any clue of each other’s existence or when our paths would cross. If they would ever cross. What I like most about this all is the fact that chances of us not meeting were so much higher than the other way around, but here we are, together on a continent neither of us calls home.

 

What I hate most about this story is timing. Again. It is time for you to explore some more. And I secretly ask myself why you keep running. I wonder if it keeps you up at night. Do you ever feel a sense of belonging? If not, you do belong somewhere. Home is where the heart is. Let me be your home. Leave your heart at the doorstep.

 

© 2017 MarthaDiane


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on May 12, 2017
Last Updated on May 12, 2017
Tags: Love, Travel

Author

MarthaDiane
MarthaDiane

Belgium



About
I am a twenty-five year old globe trotter on the search for luck and mostly love in all its forms and shapes, outside my comfort zone. more..