What Is Anxiety Like?

What Is Anxiety Like?

A Poem by Sierra
"

This poem is just a short poem I wrote in my free time one day when my friend had asked me what it was like to have anxiety and I couldn't give her the complete answer I wanted to but I tried.

"
Anxiety consumes me, questions constantly running through my head.
Anxiety consumes me, scenario's playing over and over again.
Anxiety consumes me, my thoughts are never left alone. 
Anxiety consumes me, my nightmares are free to roam. 
Anxiety is like a game, a game that never seems to end.
Anxiety is like a battle, a battle left unfinished. 
Anxiety isn't something you can "get over", it doesn't make you mentally incompetent, whose to tell you how to cope when you live through this battle daily.
Anxiety ignites my past, it leaves embers barely lit.
Anxiety is the monsters under my bed that my parents reassured me didn't exist, its the shadow I see how the hallway and am to afraid to face so instead keeps me awake all night.
Anxiety is the dark energy, the mysterious pain that I'm unable to explain. 
It lives inside me, taking away every good dream, anxiety is real, you have to live it to truly understand it.
Anxiety is like having a good day then getting bashed on every five seconds.
Anxiety is like having a cut that never seems to heal,
Anxiety will remind you that true love for you? well that's inevitable. 
Anxiety tells you everything isn't okay.
Anxiety will comfort you but it will never go away.
Anxiety will tell you the world hates you everyday then turn around and say "hey, I'll love you the same".
Anxiety will hold its arms out and wait for you to fall, but hold on see, be patient and wait....because anxiety is a cliff and if you cant fly you'll fall. 
Anxiety will whisper, "Eat less, smile more,".
Anxiety will adapt to you and every single flaw.
Anxiety is the one who holds the blade that drips the blood from my mental veins.

Anxiety will consume you too. 
Anxiety, what a beautiful thing, but without caution isn't a dream.

© 2018 Sierra


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

clever. the repetition reinforces the overwhelming feeling you describe as it gnaws at you seeking to control and take over. i felt every bit of it as i read. great depiction. well done ...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sierra

6 Years Ago

thank you, that's exactly the kind of feeling i wanted to provoke from the readers!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 21, 2018
Last Updated on March 21, 2018