Soul Searching - A Thought

Soul Searching - A Thought

A Poem by Sierra Erway
"

Just a random excerpt I came up with, contemplating relationships.

"
And she laid there, thinking for a moment... and finally, she said aloud, "Should I even really care? About all of this... These emotions that seem to fade away and return, consistently? ...Does it even matter to get involved if I already know the outcome? I already have a few ideas of what it is that's wrong with you... and, usually, I embrace people's flaws and accept them as part of their unique character... but you... You're hiding something that is dangerous in a game like this... So why should we even be here, right now, if it's all for nothing, practically, anyway...?" 
He just sat there in contemplative silence, staring at her blank face, focusing on her guarded, sad eyes. "Because it isn't all for nothing... it will be a learning experience, at least. You can't just write people off as soon as you feel threatened... You have to read a few pages to really determine if that book is right for you... You understand?"
She didn't move. Seemingly as though she hadn't heard him at all. But, quietly, she said "I don't want to learn this way anymore. I've seen and felt and dealt with enough of this. It isn't worth it. Yeah, sure, I'll gain like 5 experience points from it, but it isn't worth it if I'm just gaining this experience while still failing to find a way to really USE my experiences to be better."
Neither of them said anything for a long time... Then, suddenly, she says "I really don't want you to be one of the people to break me... Especially when I know you wouldn't even steal a shard of me as a small reminder... I just want you to stay right there, because you're at the perfect distance... I can just touch your hands... your soft, gentle hands... enough to make a small circuit of energy flow between us... But you can't grasp me... You can't take hold of me and destroy me, at this point... I think this is as safe as this kind of thing gets..."

© 2014 Sierra Erway


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on July 28, 2014
Last Updated on July 28, 2014

Author

Sierra Erway
Sierra Erway

NY



About
My name is Sierra. I have been through alot of sh*t and found writing to be my best outlet. My writing has alot to do with sadness and the inability to properly cope with life. I write about expirienc.. more..

Writing