Excerpts

Excerpts

A Poem by Sierra Erway
"

Not exactly poems but... not not poetry?

"
I think, now, that I have reached a new low... A point where the echoes of this haunting loneliness in my heart are louder than any voices screaming in my head... They scream for hours, trying for a reaction but the deep, empty, abyss in my heart swallows them up. 
So now... there really is only emptiness.
This time it will destroy me.

---------------------------------------------------------

Not all of my sadness is bitter...
Sometimes, it's more of a sweet, morbid sadness..
Like, when I smile as a flood of blood and tears pour from the depths of my heart...
When I see you laughing and smiling and happy with something that isn't me...
It's not always a numb, cold, hostile prison of despair.. Not always...
Like, when I tell you I love you as you're ripping my heart into pieces right in front of me...
When I sit in silence for hours, trying to make myself into someone you want.
An ocean's waves aren't always harsh, wild, and destructive...
Sometimes it's surface is soft and rippled, gently lapping at the shoreline;
Despite the horrors of it's depths...

© 2016 Sierra Erway


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loved the bit about the oceans waves tapping the shoreline and how that isn't always representative of what's happening below the surface. Are you making these into poems or are these just some thoughts you jotted down? Either way I enjoyed reading.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sierra Erway

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! These were really just some thoughts I was having, but my thoughts usually come i.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 17, 2016
Last Updated on July 17, 2016

Author

Sierra Erway
Sierra Erway

NY



About
My name is Sierra. I have been through alot of sh*t and found writing to be my best outlet. My writing has alot to do with sadness and the inability to properly cope with life. I write about expirienc.. more..

Writing