Excerpts 2

Excerpts 2

A Poem by Sierra Erway
"

Just some random thoughts?

"
You're like the saddest song I've ever heard, resonating in my bones, gentle but with a touch like hot, serrated knives.. And I wouldn't have it any other way..
---------------------------------------------------------------------
It's like.. watching a balloon floating away.. into a dusk dimmed sky... There's no choice anymore.. it just goes. Flying up and away wherever the wind takes it. All I know is it's going away. You.. are flying away.. I have no choice. But.. the worst part is that it is all happening in slow motion.. forcing my racing heart to wallow in the aftermath of this... I can't make you stay..
---------------------------------------
In your heart.. your energy felt mine. I was in there. At one point, I was in there. With you. But, somewhere along the way, I lost it. How could I have lost it? I don't know what went wrong... But I can feel that..there's no trace of me in you anymore.. I can't reach you. Why can't I reach you?! There's nothing there.. What the f**k happened?!
----------------------------------------------------
The sun is even shining today.. Smiling down on us.. And I am still cast in darkness..
----------------------------------------------------
He comes in my darkest hours... He whispers to me from somewhere unknown... He says "You should have gone a long time ago. You shouldn't be here. And now you've made it harder for yourself... Look what you'll be losing. It's too late. You shouldn't be here.."
-------------------------------------------------
His heart beat and yours are no longer in sync...
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You are alive, and that's the hardest thing to be. I am so proud of you. Always...

© 2016 Sierra Erway


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on July 17, 2016
Last Updated on July 17, 2016

Author

Sierra Erway
Sierra Erway

NY



About
My name is Sierra. I have been through alot of sh*t and found writing to be my best outlet. My writing has alot to do with sadness and the inability to properly cope with life. I write about expirienc.. more..

Writing