First attempt with a fictional paragraph

First attempt with a fictional paragraph

A Story by Nick

The operating room moved in rhythmical precision to the beeps and hums of the machines that surrounded the patient on the operating table.  The surgeon, more to himself then to anyone in the room, was talking through the procedure he was there to perform.  He started asking questions in the same monotonous tone, receiving quick energetic responses in return.  Nodding his head in acceptance, he turned to the nurse near the patients head, indicating he was ready.  The nurse took hold of a breathing mask and fought to straighten out the attached tube.  With a motherly smile, she leaned over, “Ok dear, nice, deep breaths between each number.” She said gently, while placing the mask over the patients’ nose and mouth. “Can you count down from ten for me?”

 

I only remember getting to six….

 

© 2013 Nick


Author's Note

Nick
This is my first attempt at putting something together that I would remotely call an attempt at novel writing. Please butcher it to your content and let me know what can be improved on.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think you are good with describing the scene without getting technical and without being t0o skimpy on the details.
Now! Time for chapter 2! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nick

10 Years Ago

Thanks Jules, I appreciate the feedback!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
1 Review
Added on May 25, 2013
Last Updated on May 25, 2013

Author

Nick
Nick

Canada



About
I'm a new writer that, like many, has the dream of being published. This is one of the first steps in that journey for me. I'm hoping to get some great feedback on some of my works and refine my ski.. more..




Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5