If Only You Knew

If Only You Knew

A Story by Selina Kreamelmeyer

You sit there and stare off at your walls, seeing nothing, hearing nothing, feeling emptiness. You hear the world outside and around you. Everything is normal and going on its merry way. Yet here you sit, hoping your life line won't break as you cling to your only hope. You see darkness and only light for one person. If that small life line broke, you'd fall forever into darkness. You're hope soars high that you'll be pulled to safety, but in the back of your mind doubt takes its root and slowly starts growing.The line moves and your pulled up by just a little inch. Your hope soars higher and you call out in joy that there's so much hope.

Ever so slowly you're pulled to safety of the cliff you were dangling from, a dark rocky bottom was at bottom waiting for your death. You see your savior. The one person that can keep you safe from the whole world. You cut out your heart and put it in a box and lock it before you give it to them. "This is yours. Hold it close forever and always and never let the beating stop. Care for it through love and even hatred." As you say this you hope that everything is once again alright. But at the last moment, your thrown over the edge by an unknown force. As you hurl towards the rocks you see them lean over the edge, hugging the box to their chest with just that one single dramatic tear in their eyes as they watch you fall to your doom. The last thoughts that you have are: "I know my heart is in safe hands. Safe until time ends. If only you ever truly knew how sorry I was."

You come back to reality, and you're broken. Forever lost. If only you knew the pain in their heart as well as your own...

© 2013 Selina Kreamelmeyer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So I read this twice. The first time I was so caught up in your words I didn't read deep into it. But after reading it a second time, I have to say that I enjoyed it. Good word use. You succeeded in taking me to the place you see in your mind. That's talent.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Added on August 31, 2013
Last Updated on August 31, 2013
Tags: pain, sadness, lonesome, hope