Concrete Avenue

Concrete Avenue

A Poem by Skoo.

 

  I want to escape

   This cold, dreary town

    Where people get high

     Off dragging you down.

 

  We'll make a new world

   Where we can stay for a while,

    Where people understand

     And everyone smiles. 

 

  I'm tired of this Concrete Avenue

   Where the sky is grey and the people are blue.

  We'll build cities on clouds out of morning dew,

   With rainbows in our souls, we'll see it through,

                 Me and you.

© 2011 Skoo.


Author's Note

Skoo.
Oh, look, an almost happy poem.
I rarely write those.
Feel free to criticise it, you will anyways...
Thanks for reading (: ♥

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked the imagery in the last stanza, with the colors and the nature and slightly fantasy imagery, which contrasted really well with the Concrete Avenue (a great name to describe the town).

I really liked the addition of the "Me and you" in the end. It made the stanza have an odd number of lines, and with that, the kind of disconnect with the length of the lines, and where it was placed, you really mangaed to emphasize how the speaker and the "you" are seperate from the others in the town, differentiating them. Just as the line doesn't seem to fit in (not poetically, just in first glance and in the sense that it doesn't fit the system you have created of four line stanzas) so the speaker and the one she is speaking don't fit into the town. And because it ended the poem, it underlined how important the relationship is to the speaker, much more important than the dreary town or the other people.

Another good poem from you, this one much simpler and almost childlike, with the imagery, which fit in well with the dreaming of the future and of creating a new world. I really enjoyed reading it, as always. Thank you for the RR and keep writing your wonderful poetry.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wonderful poem, Scooby. And yes, this is more positive than what you normally write, but just as great as anything I've read of yours thus far. The city is definitely overrated.. we all need to step away sometimes and escape that concrete world so we can feel alive again. If not, it will suck us under and we will feel like sidewalks being stepped upon constantly.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awww sweet

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sometimes we need to escape the concrete jungle, just to have a chance to feel free. Good poem my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I don't blame you. I don't like cities and a lot of people. If I could I would wander off to a place with few people and time to think. Nothing like a day where you can see for miles a great ocean or forest. I like the ending to the poem. Most of us need a great escape. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


you are so good at writing poems. im jealous :P favorite line was:
" I'm tired of this Concrete Avenue
Where the sky is grey and the people are blue.
We'll build cities on clouds out of morning dew,
With rainbows in our souls, we'll see it through,
Me and you."
i can relate. this is great.

Posted 13 Years Ago


My fav line was 'Where the sky is grey and the people are blue'. Mad creativity right there! The flow commenced absolutely well but the last few lines were a bit bumpy to be honest. Though somehow that didn't bother me at all. The cuteness/cheekiners you managed to instil shone through and delivered the message all the same. Absolutely entertaining! More happy poems please:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


The first stanza flows beautifully, but the rhythm is broken as the poem progresses.

This doesn't detract from the beauty of the poem, however; I especially enjoyed the
"Where the sky is grey and the people are blue.".
How excellently put :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this. Your images are really great and I love the rhyming. I think this is a great poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very cute hopeful poem :) the last stanza's my favorite. People need to smile more even to strangers :) it makes my day brighter.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

883 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 24, 2011
Last Updated on March 26, 2011

Author

Skoo.
Skoo.

My Circuitboard City Of Yellow And Black, United Kingdom



About
My poems make little sense because my thoughts make little sense because my life makes little sense. I never class myself as a writer, 'cause I'm not one. I'm just some kid in the corner putting my n.. more..

Writing
How The F***? How The F***?

A Poem by Skoo.


Backspace Backspace

A Poem by Skoo.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Puddles Puddles

A Poem by Skoo.