Little John

Little John

A Story by Sindhu selvi
"

fantasy,life

"

Long ago there was a village called Lowerdoio. Green grass over the meadows, kittle birds rhythm, Cherry blossoms on the trees along the road, decorated the whole village. Peter lived with his family there. He was married to Jenny. Peter is a farmer, own his land and Jenny helped him at his field. They were happy couple until the birth of their John.


Jenny gave birth to a baby boy. They named him John. But the baby was not normal. Jenny and Peter were sad for their son and let him nowhere out of their house. Sometimes Peter took him to the field. Jenny did not show any care towards John. John was much attached to his father, as was Peter. John’s only companion‘s were two little mice in the attic, a wood pecker in the tree hole and a snake under a hollow pit. He started passing time by playing with them. This made Jenny angry.


One day John went out of the house to see his father at the field. People on the road side saw him and also came to know about him. John was just a feet tall at the age of 15. People started asking to Jenny and Peter about John, few started making fun of him by calling him with the name of 1 feet John, 1 feet John, 1 feet John. Jenny was terrible hurt by these comments and her temper finally made John to leave the house and his parents. Jenny said to Peter, that he is useless fellow the only thing he gave them was worries. Though Peter tried to convince his wife, he met only the failure. John was very much hurt, lose his hope and was walking all though the road followed by his friends. They convinced him and finally they decided to leave the village .


When Peter made Jenny to understand John’s real love on both of them, she came to apologize. They were shocked at John’s absence at home. They started searching high and low for him with the help of their friends.  As darkness covered the entire place John and his friends decided to stay and start their journey next day. They found a cave on their way and went in, to rest.


Hearing some noise John got up from his sleep. He found few men entering into the cave with small bags. John found they are robbers from the men’s talk and was sharing their day’s loot. He woke his companion and told them about this. They devised a plan to frighten away the thieves. That moment John found few lantern lights at distance and that was his parents and other villagers. John wanted prove his metal and he felt this would be the correct time to that.


In lightening speed he rushed out along with his friends. They made a strange sound and suddenly the snake appeared with his hiss. The thieves ran for their life. Hearing the noise the villagers rushed towards the cave and there they saw the thieves running out, John and his friends chasing them. The poor thieves were caught by the village people. Seeing John  for his brave act everyone started congratulating him and gave him rewards. Jenny and Peter were proud of him.


John started roaming all the streets and places happily with his friend. Little John was not teased again, instead praised by all village people. Peter, Jenny and John lived happily ever after.

© 2013 Sindhu selvi


Author's Note

Sindhu selvi
Just my first story .Hope you like ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on May 23, 2013
Last Updated on May 23, 2013

Author

Sindhu selvi
Sindhu selvi

India



About
This is Sindhu..... Love Poetry more..

Writing