A New Dawn

A New Dawn

A Story by Sindu
"

Bright beginning..

"
Through day and night, the life slowly takes a turn to normal. A date flipped in a calendar. A list of tasks to perform. It is tiring to move in a sardonic pace. The reasons change, dreams deteriorate. A pace seemingly of routine. Yet not. It wavers. Relates back to the nuances of memories, making you think that it is like any other day. Then rushes forth and away towards a new dawn.
Just as I slip out from the cozy comforts of my bed awakened by bleating of strict alarm, seems like any other day of toiling routine. Or one of no concrete plan at all. Either way, running around with the clock or being a ruler of lazing and procrastination, life is like a book. A good one which always has a twist by the flip of a page. 
Walking around, I watch the fluttering of floral curtains adorning the slightly opened windows, dancing in the morning winds. Slowly, stepping towards this innocent gesture, a serene sight filled with nature's magic welcomes me. Mist filled air with a traces of moon in the last night's sky fading like an old painting. As the melodic winds caress my tresses, they send little shivers as a reminder of winter morning. Hugging myself, warm specks of red and orange bathe my widened eyes glistening with life deep buried and my lips curve in a small smile. An appreciation to the beauty unfolding in my presence as the fire paints over the purple hued sky, livening the picture bit by bit. Dressed up in the glory of a bright beginning, greeting the dwellers reaching out from their natural abodes, it might be good to believe. 
To believe that, however the days span out there is always a reason to hope for; a new dawn to embrace.   

© 2014 Sindu


Author's Note

Sindu
First piece of prose.
Critic and review away.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hey chick - well I clicked on your profile to see what you have been up to and I stumble upon this ... As always you make me smile at your depth for your age and you make me wonder (if you follow your writing) just where you will be in ten years from now. I very much like the way this has been written, it has allowed me to flit and wallow through the narrators mind for the start of a seemingly normal day - just like any other day.

There are a few words that I would change here and there to add strength to this piece - but that I find comes with editing when you the writer sink even deeper within the layers and certainly nothing to be concerned about.

I have been reading a few Indian writers whilst on holiday and it's funny coz I can see you immediatly filling a place like this - please keep me up to date o your writing adventures :-) xx

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sindu

9 Years Ago

This makes me so, so exuberant. You made me smile BIG :D
when I found a review notification I.. read more



Reviews

Great prose my friend, free flowing real life in your life, I felt what u felt
amazing talent you r thanks for sharing and b-blessed!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, James for checking this out :) It means a lot that you felt this..
Jamestown

9 Years Ago

Great job, it felt free minded if u know what I'm saying:)
Sindu

9 Years Ago

Like breathing till your lungs expand and fill :)
sorry for the late review....your first chapter ends with the feeling of hope, courage to do something new...here you also mentioned in the second paragraph, the sense of woe..but you ended it with a positivity...thanks for sharing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Thanks Anshul. I never mind a late review. It only makes me happy that someone's still reading it. I.. read more
Happy hours

9 Years Ago

you're welcome
Hey chick - well I clicked on your profile to see what you have been up to and I stumble upon this ... As always you make me smile at your depth for your age and you make me wonder (if you follow your writing) just where you will be in ten years from now. I very much like the way this has been written, it has allowed me to flit and wallow through the narrators mind for the start of a seemingly normal day - just like any other day.

There are a few words that I would change here and there to add strength to this piece - but that I find comes with editing when you the writer sink even deeper within the layers and certainly nothing to be concerned about.

I have been reading a few Indian writers whilst on holiday and it's funny coz I can see you immediatly filling a place like this - please keep me up to date o your writing adventures :-) xx

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sindu

9 Years Ago

This makes me so, so exuberant. You made me smile BIG :D
when I found a review notification I.. read more
As u have told, it is a first piece of prose, I would say it's a nice start, I liked the hopes of this work, its an enjoyable read, good job

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Thank you Hardeep. That is encouraging and yes, there is so much to learn :)
a fine piece of prose Sindu, we follow the stream of your consciousness through a day in your life the sights and sounds of life going by, you paint a pretty picture and tell a fine tale, very well conceived :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Richard!:D so happy that I finally wrote in prose
Oh this is a tricky request Sindu.

I for once have always avoided for the lack of skill or simply because it just isn't me writing "formal " stories. I always comment upon the fact that is partly the sites lack of choice to define the piece but then again it happens not only here as really this is more akin to stream of thought or conciousness or what some call poetic prose.

Let me see if I can get my point across... . I think as it is an internal manifestation of what you think it is always preferable to add 2pt spacing so in terms of structure the words have space and more time to sit on the reader. Also maybe the consideration that it could just be as you have added space just one paragraph. In terms of concept this is great! As it poses the question of "What will you transform from old to new"? So that life does not get caught in a deadly inertia. In terms of chacters well is just you and the world so to speak. The dialogue is obviously you as narrator and how that impacts the world you see so there is more of an inner dialogue. I relate in many ways to what you have shared here with me.

Also I wish for in the future the site will finally give us the possibility to click on the right option to describe a piece like this.

Thank You.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Thanks Rene! I agree to what you stated. For that very reason, I put it as a first piece of prose as.. read more
A beautiful depiction of the beautiful morning. On the surface it looks like any other day, however when you take a closer look you can not help but notice that it has many dimensions. They reflect hope, beauty, love and dreams in equal measures.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Absolutely avinash. A closer look can cause a change..
Thank you :)
Beauty. Life In Fast Lane Well Captured. Great Work Here Maam

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Thanks Nitesh..
wow!!
beautiful!!!
"there is always a reason to hope"
i loved it!!
:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sindu

9 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Interesting imagery.

NOTES: It could use a bit of refinement; but, it's pretty good start.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

Hope it was helpful.
Sindu

9 Years Ago

yep :) thanks
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

yw :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

414 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 19, 2014
Last Updated on December 19, 2014
Tags: new start, hope, change, morning

Author

Sindu
Sindu

India



About
A silent observer, goof, crazy, imagination overload. Writing is essentially putting a part of me on to a paper. All of it. Ugly, sad, dark. Happy, cheeky, beautiful. All of those words I deeme.. more..

Writing
Anamoly Anamoly

A Poem by Sindu



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..