My lost love

My lost love

A Story by Sindy
"

A young woman in love with Brady loses him to another woman. She tells the story of their wedding

"

The way I lost my piece of happiness

I stood on the staircase of the church. Bells were chiming telling the whole world that two people were tying a knot. I entered and sat at the back keeping my head down and ready to watch the last piece of my happiness to go to someone else.

The bride came in with the sound of old violins applauding her grand entrance. She swayed like a wood nymph in a dreamy white gown. A bouquet of water lilies,orchids and roses she clasped at them as if her life depended on them. “She must be proud of herself “I thought to myself.

Minutes later they were presented to the world as a married couple. Tears oozed from my eyes, I quickly took out my handkerchief to deduce the moisture in my eyes.

I escaped from the churchat the nick of time. I looked at the new Mrs. Warren. She smiled so brightly I could see her white, straight teeth. Most probably daddy dearest had paid a fortune to keep them that white. Luck her to have daddy dearest who would do anything to please her.

This girl has just snapped her fingers and poof my man was gone just like. Everyone deserves to be happy but today it was costing me my own happiness.  I was lost for words as I saw my Brad standing there. “He is no longer your Brady”, a voice said in my head. I turned the minute their lips met, sign of happiness my foot. That was a sign of my sadness and misery.

“Brady you look so fine”, I said out aloud as tears slide down my throat and my heart was sliced with every moment that passed by. He turned and looked in my direction and I did not even turn fast enough to avoid his gaze. His blue eyes met mine. I had two choices either stare at him or walk away from him.

I walked away from the church road headed straight to my home. “How foolish could I have been to fall in love with the perfect guy”, I thought to myself as I walked down the pavement.

Brady, the man of my dreams. Perfect smile and that stride he had when he walked had been my snare I had been hooked from the moment I saw him. I had made life difficult for him yet every time he passed I could not stop staring and sighing. I was in love, I was dreamy in love.

Brady and l made memoirs. I smiled at the thought of the word memories. Running around like a bunch of fools. The laughter was infectious, had I known I would have not fallen in love with Brady. I increased my pace…..In my heart the only words that were left were simple words.


 

© 2013 Sindy


Author's Note

Sindy
any reviews are welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on December 30, 2013
Last Updated on December 30, 2013
Tags: love, Wedding, lost love, break up

Author

Sindy
Sindy

Bulawayo, Africa, Zimbabwe



About
I'm a new kid on the block. This is a hobby. more..

Writing