The Lady or the Tiger

The Lady or the Tiger

A Story by Sins
"

Just a creative story to go along with the original. If you haven't read it, you should!

"

Without the slightest hesitation, he went to the door on the right, and opened it.

A victorious smile curled onto the King's lips. It didn't matter what was behind the door the handsome youth opened, what mattered was the end result. His daughter, his dear princess, would once again be safe with him. The King trusted no man to be able to take care of his beloved treasure, neither a prince nor a lowly courtier. No one would be good enough to protect her and keep her happy. That was his job alone, as her father, and he would not relinquish this task to any other.

When the King had first discovered the outrage of this affair, he'd mindlessly thrown the lad in hail, a pit of rage bubbling inside of him. Why would his daughter do this to him? How could she find someone to love behind his back? It'd taken him a few sleepless nights to come up with the perfect solution to this problem of how he would dispose of this man. Behead him? Hang him? Flog him? Let him live the rest of his life in a pit in the dungeon, with barely any food or water, turning into skin and bone in a slow, torturous death?...No, the King already had a solution--one that would allow the Princess herself to give up on her love for the boy. He'd simply call for a trial in his circus. When the boy opened the door to the tiger, the Princess would see his guilt and deception to her. When he opened the door to the maiden and cried out of happiness, the Princess would see his lies of love and disgrace. The Princess would know that this boy is unworthy of her regardless, be it the Lady or the Tiger.

Sitting in his high throne, far above the boy who bowed lowly to him before choosing his fate, the King knew he'd won this battle. He loved his daughter more than life itself. As the boy turned and headed for the door on the right, the King thought, Who other than himself would give his own life to keep his daughter safe, and that is why he did this. As the striped beast gnawed on the remains of a humorous, the Princess stood up and swiftly walked away.

"My King," his daughter's soft voice spoke out to him after the cleaning of the circus. She looked as beautiful as ever, despite the earlier happening. "My love is gone," she said with a small bow of her head, "and I have none to blame but myself. I am guilty. However, I accuse you, my Father, of letting my happiness leave with him." And so the King looked down at his daughter, a defiant, barbarous shine in her eyes, and he wondered what would become of his fate? Would the trial see the guilt in his heart? Would he choose the Tiger, or the chance to live another day?

© 2016 Sins


Author's Note

Sins
Give me everything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Without the slightest hesitation, he(who?) went to the door on the right, and opened it.

A victorious smile curled onto the King's lips.(why?)

It didn't matter what was behind the door the handsome youth(the King?) opened, what mattered was the end result.(which was?)

(I'm not reading any connection between your first three sentences)

His(the handsome youth or the King?) daughter, his dear princess, would once again be safe with him.(Again, why? What's driving the story at this point?) The King trusted no man to be able to(you don't need the redundant "to be able to"- The King trusted no man to take care...) take care of his beloved treasure, neither a prince nor a lowly courtier. No one would be good enough to protect her and keep her happy. That was his job alone, as her father, and he would not relinquish this task to any other.(I'm guessing the King victoriously walked in on his daughter and the handsome youth, and resolved in three sentences to keep her safe by not letting that happen again...no? In any case, the King apparently has significant parenting issues..because, When the King...)

When the King had first discovered the outrage of this affair, (between his daughter and the hamdsome youth?)he'd mindlessly thrown the lad in hail(jail),("with", "while a", "as a a pit of rage bubbled inside him.") a pit of rage bubbling inside of him.

...the King thought, (")Who other than himself would give his own life to keep his daughter safe,(?) and that is why he did this.("Could this be why the youth did this?") (Thoughts need to be set in quotes, the King is speaking to himself - the King though, "Who other than..."

...the remains of a humorous (A "bone". You don't need a three syllable word here when a one syllable word says the same thing.)

You've got far to many unidentified "He's","Him's","Her's" and "She's"; and words to large for the sentences you choose to use them in.

Your dialogue needs to be broken out...

"My King,(.)"
His daughter's soft voice spoke out to him after the cleaning of the circus. She looked as beautiful as ever, despite the earlier happening.
"My love is gone,(.)" she said with a small bow of her head, "and I have none to blame but myself. I am guilty. However, I accuse you, my Father, of letting my happiness leave with him."
And so the King looked down at his daughter, a defiant, barbarous shine in her eyes, and he wondered, (")What would become of his fate?(")
Would the trial see the guilt in his heart? Would he choose the Tiger, or the chance to live another day?

Okay...Otherwise the misogynistic King in your story, who would put a boy to death has no business anywhere near a woman. I hope your writing wasn't in part based on personal experience.









Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016

Author

Sins
Sins

Page, AZ



About
This is all about me, because I'm conceited like that. Don't change unless you are the one who decides to of your own accord. Just be you. Write through the fire of your emotions. Write true to your h.. more..

Writing
Overture Overture

A Chapter by Sins


Noel Dryke Pierce Noel Dryke Pierce

A Chapter by Sins