This Is Love

This Is Love

A Story by Hope

You think you have it hard?

I remember standing there, knowing that I could not do anything.

My mentor, teacher, guidance, and ultimantely, my best friend was dying right in front of me.

I remember that the governor was not doing anything to save his life.

All of us were outside, he had sharp spikes driving through his wrists and his ankle.

The sound of bones cracking...I will never forget.

The sound of the wind was like a million rampaging horses, the sun and moon became dark, the clouds were becoming darker as the day went on.

The soldiers put up the wooden cross, now dripping with blood.

His mother was filled with grief for her son of only 33 years.

Some people stood around mocking him, another prisoner was dying right along with him, yet he even mocked my whole world.

Every time He took a breath, the splinters drove deeper into his back and the thorns kept digging deeper into his skull.

He never did anything to deserve this!  He lived a perfect life.

I also remember that right before he died, he looked me straight in the eye, he said, "I love you, daughter." 

Right after that, he looked up to the heavens and Heaven itself and said:

"Father, I give up my spirit to save those who are struggling in life."

After He said this, he died and death was conquered!

I praise Him in everything I do.

I love the Lord my God because He literally gave up His life to save ours...

Nothing else on this earth can take away that hope that I have at the end of this life.

This is why I am proud to now be called a Christian:  Child of God.

© 2010 Hope


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful work. I love how specific and sensory your description of Christ's pain is, it really gets the point across to the audience.

Posted 15 Years Ago


good job! great use of descriptive writing...i can imagine wats happening vividly based on ur writing!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 2, 2008
Last Updated on October 14, 2010

Author

Hope
Hope

Somewhere Magnificent



About
My name is Hope. Music and poetry have been my life since before I can remember. I can't tell you who I am, but I can only show you. What I can tell you is who I believe in. I believe that Jesus .. more..

Writing
Captivated Captivated

A Poem by Hope


Experiment Experiment

A Poem by Hope