Christ

Christ

A Story by Hope
"

This is what I believe to be fact and truth, if you are wondering. This was written for a friend

"

There are many things to say, i don't want this to loose your attention, thus i will keep it simple-ish.

 

CHRIST:

Before Jesus the Christ was born, God brought together his family line through His chosen people-the Israelites and all the other races that were arond the middle-east area. 

 

So, through all the lines of the world, God brought forth his son:  Jesus.  He was concieved throught the Holy Spirit, born through the young virgin girl named Mary. 

 

Christ lived a sinless life, He listened to His Father-the part of Him that knew his plan entirely (he could not know in his earthly for because no human mind can fully understand the entire plan of God).

 

So, He went through life fulfilling all of the prophecies of the Old Testament, which has many similar stories to the Quran. 

 

He lived a perfect life, He never sinned, and for 30 years, he was constantly praying to make sure He would not mess up and that He would do what He needed to do.  For the last three years of His life, which were his most important years for His kingdom, He went around with the twelve disciples, those He chose to follow him, ministering to those who wanted to listen and to kill Him.  He never held a grudge against those who were after His life...

 

At the end of His last year, the Roman government came to arrest him, with one of the twelve disciples leading them to the messiah. Jesus was tried in the temple and was found guilty to the Sadduccees and Pharisees because they were "liberal in the law and conservative in love."  Afterwards, the high priests took Jesus, all beaten and bleeding, to Pontius Pilate the governor. Pilate and his wife found no imperfection nor accusation in Him; but the jewish people, the people of Rome, and the high priests wanted Jesus to be beaten and killed.  Pilate knew from where Jesus was born:  Bethlehem, thus Pilate sent Him to Herod. 

Herod questioned Jesus, but Jesus gave no answer.  Herod sent Him back over to Pilate. People either were devoted to him, or hated Him because of the strong influence of Satan. But, the decision was made:  Jesus was to be crucified.

 

Now, one week before Jesus was crucified and died, He was loved by the people of his own town.  Then, a week later, people were "heaping" insults on him, they were humiliating him, and they just wanted Him dead. 

 

He was beaten to a bloody pulp, was forced to carry the heavy wooden beam He would soon die upon, and the demons and people were mocking Him and trying to make Him stumble and give up.  He would prevail!

 

The nails pierced His hands and feet, crown of thorns was thrusted upon his head, and he was mocked for saying 'i am the Son of God.'  While hanging on the cross, when all the people were there, before He died, He said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."  This was and is the assurance that God does care; He lived as an innocent human, was mocked, put on the cross, took upon the sins of the world, (past, present, and future), to allow all humans the privelage to be able to come to heaven for eternity if they confessed that Jesus did die and that Christ is Lord of their life. 

 

Now, after His last breath; there was an earthquake, there was a gushing wind, the day turned into night, and the temple curtain was torn into two.  All the righteous dead were resurrected and taken into heaven, everyone can say and mean in their hearts that Jesus died on the cross as a sign saying, "I love you."  That is Sal vation. 

 

I also believe that some people will never accept this, but God has said that He has given us a choice to believe and He does not want us to ever be away from Him for eternity.  That's how much God loves us. 

 

2 Corinthians 13:14

"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God [the Father], and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."

© 2008 Hope


Author's Note

Hope
Disciple: literally means for one to give up their life to follow another, and to learn from them daily: totally devoted person to Christ

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very nice retelling of the story of Christ told through the eyes of a believer. My favorite parts were when you used "I believe" followed by your personal convictions.

It did read a bit fast, and felt a bit rote. I don't know how it would read to someone who had never heard the story, but religion is one of those difficult things to get people to take seriously� especially if they don't see the world the same way that you do. I would have liked to have seen a bit more feeling � and what I mean by that is more of those "I believe" or "I know" or "I feel strongly that" followed by heartfelt truth.

Break it up with emotion so that it doesn't sound like a summary of the Bible. Give me some enthusiasm so I am touched when I read it. That is how you will hold the readers attention� not by keeping it simple. Does that make sense? Make it a retelling of your heart.

You are correct on the spelling of Quran by the way (or at least one way to spell it... haha), so I'd take out your afterthought about the spelling.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jenee-

I liked this a lot, but I have some differences of opinion.

Disciple: 1) a pupil or follower of any teacher or school of religion, learning, art, etc. (Webster's Dictionary).

I think that we should bear in mind that each of the disciples was an interesting character including The Betrayer. How do you compare Saint Peter to Jesus? I suggest that they were both intelligent and lived very good if not perfect lives. Let us just say that they both appear to have lived their convictions and died at least once at the hands of the Roman under painful circumstances. Oh, those Romans and their painful deaths.

Cool piece of writing. And, I believe that God loves every single one of us including that mischief maker Satan.

-Gabe




Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 20, 2008
Last Updated on September 21, 2008

Author

Hope
Hope

Somewhere Magnificent



About
My name is Hope. Music and poetry have been my life since before I can remember. I can't tell you who I am, but I can only show you. What I can tell you is who I believe in. I believe that Jesus .. more..

Writing
Captivated Captivated

A Poem by Hope


Experiment Experiment

A Poem by Hope