Best Cocktail Bitters to Try In Your Cocktail

Best Cocktail Bitters to Try In Your Cocktail

A Story by Strongwater Spirits & Botanicals
"

Buy high quality cardamom bitters hand-crafted and more ingredients for health. We sell the best organic cocktail bitters in Colorado.

"
The use of bitters goes back centuries when ancient Egyptians used to prefer it for medicinal purposes. Today, this age old secret is a necessity in the modern bar where it is used for flavoring some of the best drinks (ie: whiskeys and cocktails). A few years ago, the only bitters most people knew about were Angostura Aromatic Bitters. Thankfully, this has changed and there are a lot of bitters varieties that are now key players in the industry.

Bitters can be found in most stores and supermarkets at varying price ranges. Although you can use bitters as an additive in many drinks, sometimes it’s important to know which ones are the best; especially if you’re going to be your own bartender. We did our research on the most preferred bitters by professional bartenders and below is the list of the best bitters that we came up with.

Scrappy’s Chocolate Bitters

Having a cocktail with a pinch of Scrappy’s Chocolate Bitters is simply heavenly. Whether it’s an old fashioned or a drink containing whisky and Green Chartreuse, you will never go wrong with these aromatic bitters.

Bar Keep Organic Apple Bitters

Unlike a lot of bitters that have orange flavoring, these bitters make use of apples. The result is a unique flavoured and delicious bitters additive that is incomparable with any other. Bar Keep Organic Apple Bitters is made by Green bar distillery, although the recipe is an original home recipe by Marshall Alter, a bartender. These bitters contain warm spices and notes of caramelized apples, and is perfect for many types of drinks, including brandy, rum and whiskey.

The Bitter Truth Grapefruit Bitters

Although a relatively new entry, the Bitter Truth Grapefruit Bitters have made a name for themselves because of their variety of flavored bitters; the most outstanding being the grapefruit flavor. Their grapefruit flavored bitters has been idolized in a lot of whiskey cocktails, especially those containing rye whiskey.

Fee Brothers Aztec Chocolate Bitters

Chocolate is said to be a complementary flavor to orange. Bitters that contain chocolate have a deep, “sweet but impossible to explain” flavour which is magical when used as an additive in a lot of drinks.

Peychaud’s Bitters

This 18th century bitters recipe is mainly composed of Christmas spice notes, like nutmeg and clove. It also contains a dash of cherry, although this addition is a highly guarded secret. These bitters can be used as an additive for spicing up classic drinks and also modern creations, like the American whiskey.

Hella Smokes Chilli Bitters

The Hella brand is an old standy in the bitters industry. This brand produces a variety of bitters, from spiced up to sweet bitters. Whichever bitters you decide to try, one thing is for sure, you are not going to be disappointed!

Angostura Bitters

Angostura is perhaps the hallmark for all bitters worldwide. What most people don’t know about these bitters is that they were originally created in the 1800’s and were given to sailors as medicine for seasickness. The brand is also named after a Venezuela town as opposed to the medicinal tree as many people think. The main flavors in these bitters are cinnamon and tamarind. This bitters brand is so popular that most times when you see a cocktail recipe with the word “bitters additive,” it is the one being talked about.

© 2017 Strongwater Spirits & Botanicals


Author's Note

Strongwater Spirits & Botanicals

Strongwater provide apothecary drinks, shrubs, handcrafted spirits, infused apple cider vinegar, old fashioned cocktail, Cardamom Bitters, rocky mountain cocktails for health in Denver Colorado.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on August 18, 2017
Last Updated on August 18, 2017
Tags: Cardamom Bitters, Best Cocktail Kit

Author

Strongwater Spirits & Botanicals
Strongwater Spirits & Botanicals

Denver, CO



About
Strongwater provide apothecary drinks, shrubs, handcrafted spirits, infused apple cider vinegar, old fashioned cocktail, organic bitters, rocky mountain cocktails for health in Denver Colorado. Our sm.. more..

Writing