How to Make the Best Bitters for Optimal Health and for use in Cocktails?

How to Make the Best Bitters for Optimal Health and for use in Cocktails?

A Story by Strongwater Spirits & Botanicals
"

Buy herbal bitters and shrubs hand-crafted in Colorado. We sell rare botanical bitters, herbal shrubs and health tonics from the Rocky Mountains.

"
Bitters are basically a form of liquid (or liquor) mixed with bits and components of plants to give it an infused flavor of bitterness. Once the infusion is created, it is added to cocktails to give it a unique taste that can be consumed for health purposes.

How are bitters consumed for health purposes?

As a matter of fact, bitter flavors or bitter tastes boost your digestive system, thus making it active and helping to improve your metabolism. This is done by its active role in triggering the digestive enzyme and secretions in your body that help in breaking down food. This means bitter flavors facilitate saliva, enzymes, bile secretions, stomach acid and all other digestive juices to warm up and do their functions properly.

As a result of this triggering and stimulation of digestive enzymes and acids, the absorption of nutrients from food becomes easy and efficient. It also helps in quick and easy digestion of heavier nutrients, like fats and carbs. At the end of the day, you may find that it helps in easing many kinds of gastrointestinal issues or indigestion.

How to make great bitters?

Get the plant material and keep it in a container.

Submerge the plant material in menstruum or any alcohol of your choice.

Cover the container or jar.

Now you should label it with date and what you have kept inside it.

Place it in a cupboard or anywhere away from sunlight.

For the first seven days, take it out once a day and shake the container.

After a week, start tasting the infused bitter and you will begin noticing the change in taste. Once you think you have a taste that you like, take it out of storage.

Filter out the liquid to get rid of the plant material.

Bottle your bitter and enjoy!

How to make great cocktail recipes with bitters?

The bitters that you have made can be consumed separately or you may add it in your soda, soup or even ice cream so that you have the flavor of it in all your food or drink.

Another way of consuming it is to make a cocktail using your bitters. There are various recipes that you can try out to add depth and flavor to your cocktails and drinks. Below is a basic Orange Cocktail recipe with bitters - you can make iterations of it as per your choice of cocktail:

1 to 3 tablespoons of fresh dandelion root (fresh or dried)

1 �" 3 tablespoons of Chicory root (fresh or dried)

Mix the above in a glass jar

Add a half of a peel of one whole orange, chopped

You can also add cardamom seeds or ginger if you would like to enrich the flavors

Now your orange bitter cocktail with is ready to be consumed and enjoyed!

© 2017 Strongwater Spirits & Botanicals


Author's Note

Strongwater Spirits & Botanicals

Buy high quality cardamom bitters hand-crafted and more ingredients for health. We sell the best organic Colorado Bitters in Colorado.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on September 11, 2017
Last Updated on September 11, 2017
Tags: Colorado Bitters, Apothecary Cocktails

Author

Strongwater Spirits & Botanicals
Strongwater Spirits & Botanicals

Denver, CO



About
Strongwater provide apothecary drinks, shrubs, handcrafted spirits, infused apple cider vinegar, old fashioned cocktail, organic bitters, rocky mountain cocktails for health in Denver Colorado. Our sm.. more..

Writing