The 5 Best Bitters for Whiskey Cocktails That You Should Definitely Try!

The 5 Best Bitters for Whiskey Cocktails That You Should Definitely Try!

A Story by Strongwater Spirits & Botanicals
"

Love whiskey like we do? The Strongwater Whiskey Cocktail Kit comes with the tools you need to make three classic whiskey bitters cocktails.

"
You know how essential cocktail bitters are to enrich the flavors and taste of your cocktail, and to transform it from being just another drink to making its taste extraordinary! These days, all the modern bars know that they have to add bitters, which is the key ingredient to any great cocktail. When we talk about whiskey, there are some very specific bitters that add to the taste and make it even worthier.

Earlier, many bars used to add the infamous Angostura Aromatic Bitter to their whiskeys for greater taste. Almost every bar and bartender knew the technique and after a while, it became routine for the drinkers, as there was no creativity or newness in the taste. Quite recently, a lot of other bitters have been introduced to the whiskey bitters scene that drinkers have fallen in love with. However, Angostura still remains in the list because it has earned the title of being the best kind of whiskey cocktail bitter for its great taste.

Top 5 Bitters

The top 5 bitters in our list include:

Angostura Bitters

Angostura has been used for over twenty years and it is now the most favorite brand of bitters for whiskey cocktails. For over two decades, people have been loving its taste and thus anybody who has any knowledge of whiskey cocktail bitters can easily recognize the bottle.

It is normally kept handy in any bar that you go to. If you have had it or if you plan to add this to your whiskey cocktail, one thing that you would instantly notice is the tinge of cinnamon and tamarind flavor. Also, people take this bitter as a standard,  so if you ever come across a cocktail recipe that mentions, bitter without mentioning any one in particular, you should assume they mean Angostura.

Regans’ Orange Bitters

This bitter was originated and created by Gary Gaz Regan, hence the name. It has a clear undertone of cardamom. While you may find a multitude of orange bitters, usually people like the taste of Regans’. It can be added to Fancy Whiskey as well as Liberal Cocktail, and you will have an accented taste to your drink.

Peychaud’s Bitters

If you would like to make a Sazerac cocktail, Peychaud’s should be your choice of bitter. It is an 18th century bitter and will give you a tinge of clove, nutmeg and cherry.

The Bitter Truth Grapefruit Bitters

Among all the bitters recipes, this one is perhaps the most recent addition to the bitter family. The grapefruit flavor is considered the most loved among people who have drinks that contain rye whiskey.

Scrappy’s Chocolate Bitters

It adds a complex perspective to your whiskey drink. It is made of organic cocoa and is usually added to Old Fashioned to make it taste heavenly.

© 2017 Strongwater Spirits & Botanicals


Author's Note

Strongwater Spirits & Botanicals

If you enjoyed this article about Whiskey Bitters then don’t forget to check out this website for more information https://www.sipstrongwater.com.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on September 18, 2017
Last Updated on September 18, 2017
Tags: Whiskey Bitters, Gin Bitters

Author

Strongwater Spirits & Botanicals
Strongwater Spirits & Botanicals

Denver, CO



About
Strongwater provide apothecary drinks, shrubs, handcrafted spirits, infused apple cider vinegar, old fashioned cocktail, organic bitters, rocky mountain cocktails for health in Denver Colorado. Our sm.. more..

Writing