Anger and Sorrow

Anger and Sorrow

A Story by SirButters
"

This story is part of my Warrior Cats AU, the AU has an in-progress name, but I am banking on the name "Shattered Destines." It takes place during AVOS. Hope you enjoy

"

As the two warriors marched, Stonehearts paws sunk deep into the hard dirt. He had enough of Bramblestar and his twisted games with Squirrelflight. How could he dismiss his mate like crow food in a time of crisis, in a time of Darktail? Stoneheart was always critical of every plan, every move, every step by every warrior, and this time was no different.

“Where are we going?” Bramblestars voice was apprehensive. “You seem unsettled.”

Stoneheart did not answer at first, thinking of something to say that would not get him exiled. Then he spoke with an unhinged temper, forgetting whatever thought just came to his head, “Is that how you always treat Squirrelfilight? Like she is your plaything or a kit?”

Bramblestar’s eyes narrowed, “I am your leader. You should not-” Stoneheart cut him off.

“And that makes you immune to my opinions, to my questions, my feelings? Listen to me when I say that what you just said to Squirrelflight was abhorrent, especially from warrior to warrior.” He paused to catch his breath.” and even more so between you and her who are mates!” Stoneheart felt himself start to burn with heat. His claws were unsheathed as if he was fighting for his life.

Bramblestar’s eyes were wide with shock as a gasp of air left him. Then he spoke. “I want to do what’s best for my clan!” Stoneheart’s fur bristled with seething contempt, “Protecting your clan involves telling off your mate because she said an idea that was different, because her plan is not the same as yours? You think that is what must be done to protect your clan?” His voice resonated across the forest with madding fury.

Stoneheart started to worry. He did not want anyone to hear this. This conversation between him and Bramblestar must be private, only between them. If someone found out, Stoneheart could not predict everything, but he knew one certainty, it would be painful for him and Bramblestar.

“Why are you doing this, why?” Stoneheart could hear the grief in each word the dark tabby spoke. It pained him. Stoneheart was hesitant to say much else, he wanted him to apologize, not hang low in doubt of his actions and the misery of what he has done, but he spoke anyway, this time with his voice lowered. “All I want you to say to Squirrelflight is an apology. Just say you’re sorry, that’s it.” His sounded cold and bitter. His own voice made himself feel uncomfortable. “Do it, and I will never speak of-”

Bramblestar started to shake. Fearing that he would charge, Stoneheart slowly lowered into a defensive stance and narrowed his eyes at the shaking tabby, failing to calm himself. But then the sound hit him, the sound of a shallow wail of sorrow, then the shock of realization of what he caused hit him.

What in the name of Starclan have I done? This is not what I wanted at all. A wave of guilt flowed through his whole body. He felt as if he was in a forest fire while frozen at the same time. He wanted to invoke change into Bramblestar, not this, never this. Stoneheart saw drops of water drip from Bramblestars muzzle onto the ground, his leader’s body shutters with his sobbing.

Stoneheart’s mind twisted, thinking of what he had done. He crept forward, bowing his head and muttering the only thing he could think to say, “I’m sorry.” He slumped his body next to Bramblestar, willing to wait to protect him. After all, Stoneheart felt an obligation to do so because he caused this mess.

“Don’t be sorry, you are right.” Bramblestar’s words were riddled with guilt, but also with sincerity. His dejected voice shocked Stoneheart. His voice was genuine, he sounded so crushed by what Stoneheart said, but his words of forgiveness rung in Stoneheart’s head like thunder, no matter how quiet and solemn they were. Bramblestar’s sobbing weakened as he spoke once more, “Please, help me, I need this, I need help.” His voice was hushed and filled with regret.

Stoneheart realized what his leader meant instantly, and he spoke, “If you want someone to listen, I’m here. If you want me to listen for a moon, I will.” Until the sun started to set, he did what he said and listened.

© 2020 SirButters


Author's Note

SirButters
Criticism would be greatly appreciated because I know I'm nowhere close to perfect, so I want to learn what I am doing wrong, and you can help me fix what I'm doing wrong. It just has to be constructive.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on December 9, 2020
Last Updated on December 9, 2020
Tags: Warrior cats

Author

SirButters
SirButters

OH



About
This is not the career I was thinking about a year ago, but here I am. I'm a 16-year guy that likes science but writing, and a good story always seemed to call to me for some reason, so here I am! Si-.. more..

Writing
Contact Contact

A Story by SirButters