Siren Magazine is open for submissions!

Siren Magazine is open for submissions!

A Story by Siren Mag
"

I wanted to create a space on the web where women could write and see their words published.

"
Siren Magazine accepts three forms of writing:

Flash Fiction (1,000 words or under)
Fiction (Maximum word count: 7,000)
Essays: personal, newsworthy, experimental--we're interested in all
Topics should be relevant to that of the female experience. With that being said, don't take that as us saying you having a male character in your piece is wrong. Also: men are welcome to submit. We just want pieces that pertain to women, to femininity in all of its wonderful forms. Men generally figure into our experiences, ladies. We just don't want a story about a dude doing dude things without any mention of the fairer sex. Ya get? Young or old, personal or completely made-up, we're interested in reading it, and what you have to say about it. We're female-centric, but we welcome all voices, all genders, to submit. 

We can't pay you. But we will publish you, probably, if you're good. Also, since we're nice and all, every author will maintain complete ownership of their work. This is a work in progress, but with submissions, there also comes a better chance of making a name for ourselves--and for you. 

Important: If you are submitting something that has already been published in another literary magazine, writing blog, etc. please let us know. This doesn't disqualify you, but every author is responsible for getting permission from their previous publisher (basically, an "OK" to submit it here, because we really don't want any legal troubles, y'all). If you have only published writing on your personal blog which isn't affiliated with any publication, that's completely fine--we get that whole Tumblr business. 

READY TO SUBMIT? HERE'S A FEW MORE THINGS:

All pieces should be in a Word Document format.
Please follow standard formatting: 12 pt. font (and something readable). While we'll find your submission in Comic Sans personally funny, we won't read it.
Double-spaced, and please number your pages
Include your name somewhere in the document
Email all submissions to: [email protected]. Also, please include in the header "Siren Submission", and give a brief summary of the piece in the email's text, along with your name, email, and any other relevant contact information. And... tell us a little about yourself, any previous publications, or fun facts you think we would like, 
Bribery in the form of chocolate is acceptable. 
That's it. See? We're not that hard to get along with. Go forth and prosper; we're waiting to read you.

© 2015 Siren Mag


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on May 28, 2015
Last Updated on May 28, 2015
Tags: feminist, femininity, women, writing, short stories, flash fiction, essays, mermaid, siren, female voice, power

Author

Siren Mag
Siren Mag

MS



About
My name is Mary B. Sellers and I like to write. I also enjoy reading other people's writing, and because of this duality, I wanted to start a project. I named that project Siren Magazine. I was bo.. more..