The ignored signs part 1

The ignored signs part 1

A Story by Shirley
"

This story is about a young lesbian who grew up with her grandmother and two uncles who didn't understand her and were against the way she felt.

"
Anita grew up in a rural area where she lived with her grandmother and two uncles in a four bedroom house with a kitchen and a dining room and one bathroom,her mother died while giving birth to her and her father left the village after he found out that he had impregnated her mother whose name was Sharon.

Anita grew up playing with the boys and doing all the chores that were for boys and she didn't like to do any girls staff and she was never seen with girls.For once her grandmother thought that her grandchild was acting like this because she was sorrounded by boys as in her area it was the boys who dominated and she had no sister and she also didn't have any cousins who were girls.

At the age of 13 Anita begged her grandma to buy her boys clothes as she wasn't comfortable in those she was wearing which they were for girls,her granny became so furious with her she shouted her and even gave her a beating asking her where on earth did she saw such....

This not only broke Anitas heart but it also made her to feel unloved and unwanted by her grandma because she didn't understand why she refused to buy her those clothes.later on that day her grandma banned her from playing with boys and ordered her to stop doing boys chores and focus on doing her's because she can see she's getting out of the way and that is not how she raised her.That night the little girl didn't sleep,she felt like her life had come into an end,how was she going to cope without her friends who were boys and how was she going to stand cleaning the house instead of cleaning the yard.The whole stuation seemed like a bad dream that she so wished that someone could wake her from,she weeped until there was no more tear coming from her eyes.

The following day she waked up and took a hot long bath and when she was done here grandma called her and gave her a plastic full of clothes for a second her heart skipped a bit as she thought it was those clothes she wanted but again she wondered where in the world could her grandma possible got them from as she didn't go anywhere and again it was still early in the morning.She took the plastic and when she opened it she was shocked by what she saw inside it,the plastic was filled with dresses and skirts!!!as she was going through them her grandma told her that she bought her those dresses because she was wanted to suprise her on her birthday but now that she realised that she's acting in such a behaviour she doesn't like she decided to give her before its too late.As her grandma was saying all these things Anita's heart became filled with a very cold feeling and a very sharp pain which she couldn't resist,tears started to fall in hers cheeks she tried to control them but she couldn't the pain she was feeling inside was so much she couldn't handle it anymore,she felt like crying so loud so that her late mother could hear her and help her make her grandma understand how she was feeling towards those dresses.

But she couldn't there was no chance for crying out loud,in no time her grandma asked why was she crying and she didn't respond not because she didn't want to but because she couldn't her mouth was heavy for her she couldn't open it instead she weeped so hard in the mean time her grandma was exploding with anger she slaped her between the eyes accusing her of being out of order this not only made things worse but it made the little girl to run away from her grandma,She went to her mothers grave and she sat on top of it,she cried her lungs out as she was crying she felt like digging her mothers grave,she felt like a hopeless loner and as she was crying she began to ask her mother why did she left her?did she left her to be totured?she asked all kinds of questions that would break any mothers heart.

She weeped there until it was late at night,her mothers grave was very far away from her home,after crying so much she felt like a heavy pain was lifted from her heart then she started to calm down,she then felt much better and she also realised that it was starting to become dark.She said a little prayer to the Lord to protect her on her way home and she said goodbye to her mother.

On her way home her stomach started making sounds then she remembered that she didn't eat anything at all and she begin getting hungry she walked and finally she reached home.Getting in the house was one hard thing to do as she was not ready to be shouted and beaten up as she knew her grandma was going to do that to her.She sat besides the house trying to think what she will say to her grandma and she did anything in her powers to forget about those dresses that were awaiting her.

As she sat there she beggin feeling cold and getting more hungry then she decided to get in the house.

TO BE CONTINUED.......

© 2013 Shirley


Author's Note

Shirley
I would like everyone who has read this storry to correct me where i'm wrong and to give me advise on wheather i should go on with the story or just end it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on April 1, 2013
Last Updated on April 28, 2013
Tags: Life, love, health, news

Author

Shirley
Shirley

Cape Town, Christian, South Africa



About
I'm a very out going person who loves meeting new and interesting people,writing is my life as i love writing about my everyday expereinces and things i see in the community i live in. more..

Writing
D D

A Story by Shirley