Fate

Fate

A Poem by Skal

I cracked a smile towards fate, a scorn you may suppose. All this years it lied to me...filled my head with unachievable dreams and delusions. It set me on a path that seemed too familiar. Made me imagine that if I kept track, the rewards were guaranteed...but see, I question. I always want to know what the alternative is, where other paths lead to, what kind of rewards are guaranteed there... Fate did not like that..put a bump on my path and hoped I'd learn from that. But I didn't. Fate put another bump and a road sign cautioning me to concentrate at my path.. But I ignored it..sooner than later, I was out of the path fate had made for me. I was forging my own path. I was lost, but fate was not there..i searched, i couldn't find it, I called but there wasn't a response. After a while in the wilderness, I saw it. I heard it. I felt it. I looked at fate and fate looked back smiling, a scorn you may suppose. In the reflection of the pool, I knew fate was I and I was fate.

© 2020 Skal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on March 13, 2020
Last Updated on March 13, 2020

Author

Skal
Skal

Nairobi, East Africa, Kenya



About
A crowded mind in a lonely world. more..

Writing
A Fresh Feel A Fresh Feel

A Poem by Skal


That Feeling That Feeling

A Poem by Skal