Crippling The Creativity

Crippling The Creativity

A Story by {REDACTED}

I will always be there telling you over and over again to keep up the good work after I read something you write, only because I feel that people can only excelerate in the field of writing with positive affirmation. The truth is, however, that most of what I read makes me sick...

 

...where has the creativity gone?

Have us writers all hit a rut?
Seeking a good read,
Is more of an ordeal then a task.
All I ever see is nonsense,
Repetitive genres,
And similar stories...
...where has the originality gone?
Have us writers all share the same train of thought?
It seems almost as if everytime I read,
I read about vampires,
Depression and self-mutilation,
We must all share the same mind...
...where has the happiness gone?
It is almost as if to be a writer,
You must constantly be drunk,
Want to drink blood,
Truly hate life,
And constantly cut your wrists...
...where has the enjoyment gone?
I am at the point where it angers me,
When I seek a good read,
And all I find is garbage.
Reading should not by any means,
Be an ordeal just to finish a piece.
I think one writers misery is starting to rub off on us all,
Since as I read this garbage,
I begin to produce my own...

 

I would love to give an 'Ode' to the writer, but I cannot, since when anything I read from this century is terrible. We need to let go of the suicide and the fantasy, bring to life truth and reality. It's about time to bring back the creativity, we need to bring writing back to life, revive it from the stiff dead state it has become and start a new generation of originality.

© 2011 {REDACTED}


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Never feel scared to review anything.
Your thoughts are completly your own, whether or not anyone agrees with them, congrats on the hoinesty.
This was originally intended as a poem.
I have no problem with depressing pieces, depression is an emotion and emotions are what drives our writing, it is a general topic. It is just the similarity of pieces which frustrates me. For example today I went into Coles bookstore in a local mall, this store is relativly small and they had one whole wall of vampire-related novels and another wall of inspiration/positive thinking pieces, which some people do enjoy. However, those two walls took up about a quarter of the store. It is not just this site that gets to me, in fact, I have found some of my favourite reads on this site.
Anyways, thank you for the review.

Posted 13 Years Ago


After reading the first little bit I was a little scared to review this to be honest. I hope there's a little more honesty in these reviews that what you're hinting at.
It reads kind of like a poem, and you raise some interesting points. Granted I think a lot of the people submitting work on here are fairly novice writers, so it is somewhat rare to find a real compelling piece amongst all the vampire diaries and such, but I guess I see the irony in writing a depressing piece about depressing pieces.
I'd like to think the world isn't quite as grey as some stories make it out to be.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2011
Last Updated on February 11, 2011

Author

{REDACTED}
{REDACTED}

Ontario, Canada



About
Im a very busy person so I apologize if it takes a long time for me to get back to you. Good day to you all. And enjoy. more..

Writing
Who I am Who I am

A Story by {REDACTED}