Boring Mondays

Boring Mondays

A Story by Impressive
"

About a boy who finds something special.

"

The day began the way all Mondays began, with the alarm ringing. I groaned softly and groped around, in an attempt to turn off the alarm. I could feel pinching on my back. I turned my head around, horrified, to see my horrible brother, standing next to my bed, and grinning from ear to ear. As I got up, he sneered at me. He always does that. I trudged down the stairs, and was surprised to see my breakfast on the table. I gaped and my brother kicked me in the leg for an incoherent reason.

"Apparently, it's your birthday", he growled.

I mocked him in a hilarious way, and he bit his lip. I could just imagine the rage boiling inside him and he was just waiting for the right moment to stri-. Lava erupted from his ears and he was screaming. Actually, that was just a modified version of what REALLY happened. His hands were shaking and I ran away just in time, because I knew that he was about to explode.

As I headed off to school, Worm Boy came panting behind me. He was trying to say something, but it wasn't clear because of all his panting.

"I- huh- need- huh- to- go- huh".

He fell and hit the ground violently. Luckily for him, the ground wasn't too hard. I leaned closer to Randy(a. k. a Worm Boy), and he got up in an instant, just like a metal board. He put his hand on my shoulder and I put mine on his. We were great friends and we helped each other all of the time.

"As I was saying before the ground rudely interrupted". I could see a hint of a smile on his face."I have to go to the toilet".

We both laughed at this and continued going to school. I turned my head around to see a snake slithering and I started smiling.

"Better not let that snake eat you, Rands!"

He punched me lightly and I pretended to shoot him. I shaded my eyes to see a golden box lying innocently on the floor. I gasped silently. I could not keep my eyes off it and it just seemed so precious to me, just like Gollum and the ring from 'Lord Of The Rings'.

© 2014 Impressive


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on May 22, 2014
Last Updated on May 22, 2014
Tags: Boring, Monday