The road without color

The road without color

A Poem by SleeplessVolcano



Lost in a fog of make-believe

stumbling along - 

this primordial sieve

my absent mind has become,

dripping nostalgic snippets

of me

on this relentless brick road of life

that once was yellow.

© 2016 SleeplessVolcano


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sleepless Volcano, your poem is super. Is there any way to make the yellow darker? It would be easier to read this way. I think the words layered over the image itself would look very stunning. The poem itself brings to mind a broken relationship in which all the happy memories begin to slowly fall away leaving us feeling a little dark and grey, but the sun always shines again on a new day I hear, so while the ending is sad I believe the path may come to a happier destination after the hard leg of the journey has been endured. Anyhow, lovely work from your heart~filled pen.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The yellow brick road to Emerald City! References to other pieces of art are always such a treat for me, and you created such a wonderful metaphor out of this one: The yellow brick road, our train of thoughts of better things and memories - until we realise that our lives are no longer yellow.

Love the use of colours as well :). Great piece!

Posted 7 Years Ago


SleeplessVolcano

7 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm off to find a coffee shop with lots of serviettes and armed with a hand-full of shar.. read more
Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

And I hope your muse comes to visit so you could tell us all about it! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 26, 2016
Last Updated on August 26, 2016

Author

SleeplessVolcano
SleeplessVolcano

About
"In the end there doesn't have to be anyone who understands you. There just has to be someone who wants to". Robert Brault Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~ Pablo Pica.. more..

Writing