A moment of light within darkness

A moment of light within darkness

A Poem by SleeplessVolcano

I remember a hole I once was in

No one grasped what was going on

But you gave me comfort

Without saying a word

My head fell on your lap

Your hand, peacefully, rested on my head

And for a brief moment -

Within thousands of dark ones -

I felt loved

And your presence

Gave me just enough strength

To breathe.



© 2021 SleeplessVolcano


Author's Note

SleeplessVolcano
Image = Resting on Him, by Shine On (flicr)
A poem for a dear friend who comforted me when I needed it most.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely poem and picture. Actions speak louder than words. So true. tyfs

Posted 2 Years Ago


Just a wonderful multi layered write here. There is despair and yet some wish to return to the memories. We should all have friends such as this. Simply beautiful.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Gosh, so powerfully impacted. I felt the depths of despair being comforted by that light force. How I envy those who have a strong faith. Beautifully penned Sleepless Volcano and I also appreciated the carefully chosen artwork.

Chris

Posted 2 Years Ago


beautifully said Sleepless. its the simplicity and straight forward vulnerability that touches my heart when reading .. i think this is what poetry is sir! loss of ego and pretense in that kind of collapse is a wondrous cleansing says i! perfect pic to go with. of course to have a friend in Jesus Christ is at the front of my thoughts when I relate to this; then my Ma when i was sick as a child .. but to have such a caress and a lap to offer to a friend ..one human being to another is perhaps one of the most powerful elements we may have in this world. God bless .. thanks for sharing your wonderful, personal poem sir!
E.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Beautiful artwork and wonderful words dear friend. In the arms of love. We can gain strength. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2021
Last Updated on May 21, 2021

Author

SleeplessVolcano
SleeplessVolcano

About
"In the end there doesn't have to be anyone who understands you. There just has to be someone who wants to". Robert Brault Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~ Pablo Pica.. more..

Writing