Forest , Part 1/4

Forest , Part 1/4

A Story by A.R. Rose
"

A young Boy and his two siblings, wandering in a terrifying forest. What will happen?

"
Sabastian was a young boy : the eldest , the age of fourteen , and the smartest. Violet, the middle of the three children. And last but not least, Tulio, the youngest.
The three were forced to run away after an incident at the orphanage ; the baroness had given them grief for five years, and the orphans had just about had enough of the belt, the food, and the constant fungus growing in the showers. The children hadn't had a decent bath for months. One day, the three had woken up to have found themselves being bombed by the German. The baroness, the chairman, the cook, and all the other orphans had abandoned the home. Sabastian, Violet, and Tulio had no other choice but to immediately evacuate the slowly-burning-down orphanage. 
So now, with no home, no parents, no food , the children were driven to roam the forest, looking for somewhere to live.
Trudging through the thick muck that engulfed the forest floor, Sabastian, Violet,  and Tulio , were longingly looking for something to eat, and some wood to burn a fire.  Once Violet had found some wood, she reached into her large pockets and pulled out a box of emergency matches. Just as she was about to light the fire, Sabastian smacked the matches out of Violet's hands. 'Why would you do that for Sabastian?!' Violet glanced at him abruptly in anger. 'We Can't light a fire in this period of time.' Sabastian coldly stared down at the floor. 'What?' Violet looked at him questioningly. Sabastian sighed, ' to light a fire would mean the German would think that it was a distress call and come to us ; if they found out we were English they would slaughter us like pigs.' Violet scooped up the matches and placed  them back into her pockets. 'I guess you do have a point,' she sighed , patting Tulio on the head . 

© 2017 A.R. Rose


Author's Note

A.R. Rose
Please ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the 1st part?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on February 11, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017

Author

A.R. Rose
A.R. Rose

west bromwich, west midlands, United Kingdom



About
I'm a dreamer. I can't tell you my age but i'm quite young. One day i dream of becoming a successful author- all in good time of course! Ever since i was a toddler , i loved books, and i loved watchin.. more..

Writing
Wreckless Wreckless

A Poem by A.R. Rose