Dead Freedoms

Dead Freedoms

A Story by Mike T.
"

A spoof on pulp dick novels. While trying to tackle something i hate.

"

I was about to take the biggest case of my career. I’m detective Mick Thompson. Known for solving any case no matter what the cost. My reputation for violence had made me the most popular dick in the southeast.  Early on  I had decided to never get emotionally involved with my work, it had proved to be a  smart decision, but with this case I was about to break my one and only rule. And  I was taking this case for free, it was personal.
It was a problem that had plagued my fair streets of Atlanta for far to long, I knew that I was the only one who had the power to make things right. My town had never been known for a raging nightlife. No, it was more a haven for aging women looking for semi casual clothing. The towns youth once came close to having a meeting place, a place were they could go when boredom struck on the weekends. It was a taco bell. It had recently gone up in flames. Authorities had said it was caused by  a grease fire, but I was the only one who knew the truth. The ladies of the town had burned it to the ground. It was the soccer moms, the ladies of the PTA.  For years they had taken it upon themselves to control us any way they could. I had no doubt that they had already set up a advance underground network. One to connect all the mothers wishing to enforce a better tomorrow. Although most people would never know of their group, every one was familiar with their work. They had already help passed a law saying any youth caught out after twelve would be punished. The original goal of their law was to have us in bed by ten. They would stop at nothing to make sure everyone one was completely safe, murder, crime, and arson meant nothing to them. Everyone loves safety, but no sane individual would give up every last freedom for it. If I could bring their group out into the open I could reverse some of the damage they had already caused.
First I needed to find a member of the network, I would follow them down the rabbit hole to find the source of this evil. My first suspect was Miss Cleta Winslow. She was an Atlanta politician now famous for her work in banning any one under the age of twenty-one from nightclubs. She was good, a real spell binder. Her skills had helped her pass one of the vaguest laws in the cities history. A move like that must have mad her an instant leader in this women’s cult. She would be my ticket into this organization. I would infiltrate it and learn everything I could. Not until they were truly put out of power would people be able to make decisions for themselves. Not until the group was abolished would anyone receive the freedoms promised to the men who fought for this country. I wouldn’t stop, not until this case was solved or I was dead.

 

© 2008 Mike T.


Author's Note

Mike T.
Tell me if you think i should continue writing it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on April 27, 2008

Author

Mike T.
Mike T.

GA



About
I'm not a reviewer. I'm sorry if it seems like I�m sucking away from the writers caf� group, I'm not trying too; I like it here. There's just something that stops me from revie.. more..

Writing