Life's too short.

Life's too short.

A Poem by GiantRobot

Life's too short.
Focus less on
hate, ego, and ownership
and more on
love, equality, and sharing.
Far too much, I'm seeing our societies bambard with such slimy, conniving, manipulative trickery. Corrupting our youth from the time they're able to understand and physical enough to act out. For what reasons could there be for molding our civilization into such selfish monsters? The human brain Isn't born with the ability to gain satisfaction from the pain of fellow inhabitants. This is an ability which is programmed into the human mind, why?

Are we so blind that we don't notice the troubling ways we are allowing our youth to be raised or are we just to warped ourselves to care? We all see how sex is being portrayed to our entire civilization so don't we realize how incredible understandable it is that portraying the human body as such a rare and priceless gem leads to such horrible acts as rape and worst? Don't we realize that we're makeing the human body such an irresistible object that some even yearn for it so bad as to molest children just to get a taste of it? Are we really to deaf to understand that the human body is a natural thing and this retarded awkwardness that comes from seeing others naked is only a side effect of the way sex is being portrayed to us? In fact, it doesn't take long before the simple novelty of nudity wares off and you relize that there's nothing to get exited over, it's actually quite natural. Why would we take such a naturally beautiful thing and continue to make it such a novelty, even after watching so many people get hurt and so many people lose they're lives as a result of it?

Why, in a world that's so obsessed with violence, already, would we use television programs such as local news, something that's watched in living rooms and dinning rooms, in front of entire families, everyday to advertise as much crime and hardship as if it is of the up most importance. A program which is routinly watched on a sett schedule to keep us informed on our everyday lives. To choose to advertise every crime, no matter how puny or hanis they are, to be seen by a very impressionable youth who are already overly obsessed with violence. Do our children really need local criminals to idolize too? Maybe the criminals they provide us as entertainment dont hit close enough to home to leave a really memberable impression.

Are we really ok with just sitting there as our children are taught that worrying about things such as equality and appreciation for nature are stupid hippy hobbies and that things that people kill for such as money, sex, and drugs are of the most importance? Is it not wrong to have entertainment teaching us to live out things that are considered sins by the same religious that is forced upon us? Are we deliberately molding our youth into hypocrites? To make our children practice a religion where greed is considered sin, in a world that seems to exist only for currency, while allowing them to grow up learning that money is everything and to do what ever it takes to gather as close to all of it as possible, is an complete tagle of inhumane brainwashing crap, in my opinion.

I relize that THE ONLY WAY TO FIGHT THE SYSTEM IS TO STOP SUPPORTING IT and by saying all of this I am only supporting the negativity casted upon us by the system we live for, I am writing what I am thinking and if theres the slightest chance some one will agree with me then I'll have the security that theres more people out there fighting for the good of our civilization.
I'm all for healing the wounds of the civilisation I was born into.

© 2015 GiantRobot


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on April 6, 2015
Last Updated on April 28, 2015

Author

GiantRobot
GiantRobot

Farmville, NC



About
Smeargle Expanding is a person project. One I've taken upon myself for the purpose of finding appreciation, inspiration ,and simple enjoyment through the ever spreading love, happiness, and unity we h.. more..

Writing