No longer a person

No longer a person

A Poem by -Scribe in Style-
"

An impulsive write

"
Death! WHAT? Who? When? How? Really?! Why? Stop with the questions! Just stop! IT has left it all as an unfinished sentence!! Do you feel - Have you a heart - I have lost IT! IT! IT! Do you hear what IT has become? IT is not alive - I don't know for sure what or where or how IT is - IT isn't here - Death came for it.. Death too cried a tear - Did you sense it?
GONE! That is what IT is and where IT is! GONE! They say to a place called home; Death took IT there. 
HOME! That is where IT is and why IT is! HOME! They say it is a better place to reside; Death made a place for IT there. 
DEAD! Yes DEAD! Do you here the silence. STOP, LISTEN, beyond all the noise, behind the woe and sorrow, behind the joyous hollow - Do your hear the silence - They say it is an in between - a realization - a restoration - a revelation - a relapse - a remembrance - IT's BODY and IT's SOUL - Gone, Home, ALIVE - it's lives - there is no pain - But it leave's a tearful stain... 
Can you see IT? Can you hear IT? Can you smell IT? Can you taste IT? Can your touch IT? 
I ask you again: again - answer me. 
Can you see, IT? Can you hear, IT? Can you smell, IT? Can you taste, IT? Can your touch, IT?
Family, friends, far fetched figures of fame - They have gathered here to see, to see the scene - DEATH wrote it - Death brought it - them. But did you see them when you were here? Why do they now suddenly have the time. Can you see from where you are? See their expressions and exhalations? 
Gossips and guesses, cluttered conversations - They have gathered here to hear, to hear the story - DEATH started it - Death finished it - them. But did you hear them when you were suffering? Carried and lowered into your grave? Can you hear from where you lie? Hear their voices and woeful sighs?
Sweat, cement, stench in the smirks and smiles of judicial judgement - They have gathered here to smell, to smell the scope - DEATH arose it - DEATH spread it - them. But did you smell them while they engrossed in chores and rushed in chaos? Do you smell the character cleanse they give to you and themselves? Can you smell from you're buried? 
Fragrance in mud and sand, fragrant flowers?
Sweet and sour, sweet and savory, Stale - They have gathered here to taste, to taste the flavours - DEATH devoured it - Death savored it - them. But did you taste them when you indulged in their company? Guarded, gave, and guided? Can you taste their gratifications from your grave? Indulge in their heart-felt grievance! 
Physical form, worldly shape and space - They have gathered here to touch, to touch your surrounded field - DEATH invaded it - Death emptied it - them. But did you touch them when you were here or is it a facial facade? Trespassing on territory without a pass? Can you touch the atmosphere crafted from your absence? Are you here? Or Gone, Home, left us here ALONE! 
YES, it is DEATH, knocking door to door! One day it will be your turn and YOU will be NO MORE! 

© 2015 -Scribe in Style-


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Death can't be stopped. We must be born and we must die. Better to lead with concern, kindness and love and hope for a good ending. A lot of energy in your words tonight.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


-Scribe in Style-

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much - I think the stronger the emotion the more energized the words are - and I feel t.. read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 3, 2015
Last Updated on October 3, 2015

Author

-Scribe in Style-
-Scribe in Style-

About
Queen of my Mind: My actions and my measure Princess of my Heart: What I write with pen and paper Not for Beauty, Not for Treasure, Just for an awed Idea These pages will paint you my pictu.. more..

Writing