Hillenbrand's Hideaway

Hillenbrand's Hideaway

A Story by SmittyJas
"

Hilbenbrand's Hideaway The Cabin in the woods

"
     Fishing,Swimming,Boating,Hiking and White Water Rafting the cottage near the lake house a family getaway every summer's weekend place. My Parents brought us here since were knee high to a grasshopper.Everyone had their own little cottage in the woods a hot belly stove heated with wood 3 BR log Cabin for a family of five in winter we didn't come up we just couldn't survive. But spring Summer and Autumn three season's alive no mistake my parents would have us packed and ready to ge in an instant if there was no snow.
     Hildenbrand's Hideaway we called it our place in the sun summer was spent camping and party at the campfire we had little to none. But family was kind and friend were many it was community days we looked forward too and the Elvis impersonator every summer would entertain us for hours we would never vote on too have Elvis back next summer he was a regular invite to camp He could make us remember the good old 50th and the way we rock n rolled Elvis was King of our high school dreams. Many years to come many tried to catch his style but most all they caught was a cold for the cheering crowd.
     Summers at came were exciting Many friend we haven't spoken to in months show up for a treat called vacation camp and the week in the wilderness always exciting and fun for the whole family From big sister to little sister. From fishing to swimming in the big pool. Going for hikes in the woods seeking out new friends Having the time of our lives My dad got a golf cart to ride around camp with it  was fun in camp ground you could drive a cart at age 14 As long as you stayed on camp grounds and did not leave.Of source you parents were responsible for you actions on the Gold Cart. Most parents trusted there young adult children to behave with there new found freedom.
     We were so happy for the use of Hildenbrand's Hideaway and my grandparents campgrounds for years it was a get way for city life and the stresses of work and relationships built up over the years long calendar year I think everyone needs a little get away form it all in there busy hum drum life and live a little on the wild side.

© 2016 SmittyJas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on April 22, 2016
Last Updated on April 22, 2016
Tags: Summer home

Author

SmittyJas
SmittyJas

Pittsburgh, PA



About
Hi My name is Jim been writing poetry for nine years started on AOL with a few new friends on a tuesday night poetry night. We would meet and post poetry and learn from each other and I learned a lot .. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114