The Bloodied Petal

The Bloodied Petal

A Story by Nuggetwritingtrash
"

Hey, so I was told to check things out like this. This little story is still a work in progress, because my friends want me to continue it.

"

The Bloodied Petal

By: Nugget

(Also I'm only doing this bc ppl wanted it)


Katherine White sat on the bench, scribbling pointless doodles in her journal. Her dark brown hair flowed behind her in the wind. It was an average school spring day, nothing special. Boring classes, annoying kids, drama, all the things Katherine hated. She frowned at the thought of classes, she dreaded math. She’d skip it mostly. Katherine would walk in the woods behind the school, find a dry tree stump, and then draw there. Everything seemed to never change. The dead trees would hang over, looking like frozen creatures. Katherine questioned her love to draw. It never made any sense to her, just like everything else. She observed more than the other fools at her school. She read every detail in a person’s face, noticed how they acted, everything. She didn’t consider anyone at the school her “friend”, she preferred being alone. The nature and silence calmed her.

Katherine pushed down on her pencil, the tip snapping on the page. She had drawn a random girl in leggings, but now there was a dark gray smudge on her torso. Katherine sighed to herself, and glanced over at the school doors. She stood up, grabbed her journal and dropped it into her bag. She walked slowly, each step she thought of the yells of the other teens inside the school. She managed to get headaches much easier than the other students at the school. As soon as she walked into the school, one of the “popular” considered guys, Jake, smirked when he saw Katherine open her locker quickly. The locker slammed into the other to it’s right, making it rattle.


“Well, well, Katherine White, introverted as ever.” Jake laughed carelessly making Katherine roll her eyes. She grabbed her books, stacking them neatly on top of each other. Jake continued to make comments about Katherine’s looks, how pathetic she was, the typical popular guy. Katherine blocked his words out of her mind and went on to class. The halls were dead mostly. Which meant class had already started. Katherine didn’t care though, she never did about anything. Well, she cared about her looks and that was it. Katherine grabbed the doorknob to the math classroom and turned it quickly open. The door gently shut behind her as she walked to her seat. Katherine felt everyone’s gaze burning through her. She had felt this feeling before so it wasn’t as bad.


“Katherine White, where have you been?” Mr. Hauns yelled from behind his desk. He wore a blue buttoned shirt with a dark blue tie. He barely had any hair, just a few white strands that were barely visible. Mr. Hauns was the teacher Katherine despised the most. He was obnoxious to everyone. He spoke loudly, which was his attempt to act intimidating. This worked on most kids, aside from Katherine and the class clowns. Katherine locked her gaze on Mr. Hauns’, both of them staring daggers at each other. Katherine kept silent as always. Silence breaks a person much faster than arguing for something pointless.


“Katherine White, go ahead and tell the whole class where you’ve been.” Mr. Hauns waved his hand towards the students who were also looking at Katherine. She thought for a moment, ignoring the whispers around her. She could use this to her advantage. Mr. Hauns was a short fuse, so he’d probably give Katherine a detention in the other room. That would take her away from the crowds of mixed voices. Katherine smiled for a second, and then it disappeared as if it was never there.


“I’ve been away from you Mr. Hans, and your annoying loudmouth.” Katherine spoke calmly, her words covered in poison. People laughed at Mr. Hauns, making his face go red with anger.


“K-Katherine go to detention!” Mr. Hauns pointed his finger at the door, and so Katherine gathered her books once again and calmly walked out. She was quickly met with a subbing teacher who lead Katherine to the detention room. Katherine settled down in the back of the room, pulling a paper out. She began sketching a female figure, who was staring endlessly into the dark of the night. Katherine’s drawings weren’t too bad, they actually were pretty decent. Katherine never thought of that though, she counted it as something worthless. In fact, everything seemed to be. Nothing was worth it in Katherine’s opinion. She was placed in the lower classes, when she should’ve been in the high classes. This was all because the teachers hated her with a burning passion. Katherine’s gaze made them frustrated, because they could never win a fight with hers.

As hours went by Katherine continued to draw. She glanced out the window to her right and watched other students laugh. Popular kids, nerds, geeks, those names made Katherine annoyed. Groups leaders? What kind of stupidity was that? “Oh look, you’re below me I can brutally humiliate you now.” It was foolish, and even more foolish when people went along with it. Katherine drifted off into her thoughts, forgetting the world around her.


“This is a lockdown.” the words came from the speaker, interrupting Katherine’s thoughts. What could possibly going on now? Some idiot broke something? Probably. Katherine and the sub went into the corner, and were dead silent. The doors and windows were locked, the lights were off, everything was dead. Multiple footsteps went through the halls, along with slow heavy breathing. Shadows passed into the room, and then disappeared. Katherine felt her heart pound against her chest. Loud chilling screams could be heard from the hall making the subbing teacher  widen her eyes. Sadistic laughter filled the halls after, following those screams. A dark figure, a body of a tall male, began to kick the door, making it shake in place. Katherine grabbed her phone, holding the on button. Samsung appeared on the screen and it continued to load slowly. Suddenly the figure broke in, charging at Katherine with a knife stained red in hand. She screamed, which was rare, and instantly unlocked the window. She threw herself out of it, falling onto grass. Her body screamed at her in pain, and she lay there for a second unable to gather her thoughts.  She heard laughter from the window, along with more screams. Katherine picked up her bag and stumbled. She ran, her pulse pounding in her skull. Katherine sprinted across the street, heading for her house. With blood on her lips and skin, she continued to run as fast as she could while ignoring the burning pain in her body.

Katherine reached her house and flung the door open. She ran up the stairs leading to her room, and fell onto her bed. She stared up at her ceiling, gasping for air. Her chest heaved with pain. Katherine touched her face lightly and stared down at the blood that stained her fingers. Managing to catch her breath, she ran into the bathroom. She glanced at the mirror, studying the fresh wounds on her face. Tiny cuts were open on her bottom lip, probably from sticks on the ground. There was a larger cut, on the left side of her face. Blood poured out of it, toning Katherine’s skin pinkish. Blood never disturbed Katherine, but this was too much of it. Katherine cleaned the wounds before placing a bandage over it. She turned on the sink’s faucet washing the blood off her hands. Katherine quickly put on a new pair of clothes and sat on her bed, unable to get the man’s image out of her mind.

Katherine’s parents were divorced, leaving her alone with her father. Her father was always “working” in his own words, but Katherine knew it wasn’t just that. She learned to take care of herself, and so it’s been like that for her for years. Katherine’s mother was off in Florida with her siblings. Katherine loved her mother, but she never said anything. Katherine never thought much about her, she pretty much forgot when she had last seen her mother. That bothered her, unlike many other things. Right now, she was bothered by the man’s face she had saw. He had scars covering his face, with dark brown eyes. His smile was wide, his teeth gleaming at Katherine. It was sadistic, that was it. The smile couldn’t get out of Katherine’s head. She tried doing some sheet of science homework, but all she could think of was the man. Shouldn’t she tell someone? Katherine thought about this, and then turned on her phone. She dialed in the numbers, 911 and held the phone shakily by her ear.


“Hello what is your emergency?” A female operator answered the call.


“Hi, uh, I was at school and a lockdown was called. These guys, well I know one of them is a guy, was holding a knife stained with blood. He attempted to attack me, but I managed to get away from him.” As Katherine talked, she felt this horrible feeling come over her.


“Where are you now?” The female operator asked quickly.

“At my house, 69 Landen Road.” Katherine glanced over at her windows, and shut the curtains.

“We’re sending an officer to talk with you. We heard about the attack at the school and officers are already there. The men disappeared before we could identify them sadly.” The female operator spoke to someone else, and then went silent. Katherine hung up and dropped her phone beside her. How did things escalate so quickly? Katherine’s ankles and shoulders ached with pain from the fall. It was maybe about 8ft. She was sure she pulled some muscles and possibly broken something. At least she was alive, that was what mattered.

There was a loud knock at the door, making Katherine jump out of her skin. She gently moved the curtain away from the window, and saw a cop car. She sighed with relief and ran down the stairs to the door.


“Hello Ms. White?” It was a male cop who was average height with blonde hair.


“Hi, call me Katherine.” Katherine opened the door fully, letting the cop inside her house. He looked around curiously as Katherine shut the door behind her.


“What exactly happened? What did the attacker look like?” The male cop had a little notepad, shifting eagerly to get answers. Once again, the guy came perfectly back into Katherine’s mind. She shuddered and told the cop everything she knew. After a hour, the two were finally done speaking at 11 PM.

“Where are your parents?” The cop sat on the couch, his notepad beside him on the next cushion.


“Basically my parents are divorced, and so I don’t really know what time my dad gets back from work.” Katherine shrugged it off, as if it was nothing. The cop’s face turned slightly solemn, and then he sighed.


“No one’s available to stay here. Will you be alright alone?” The cop grabbed his notepad and stood up. His pen that he was writing with was already inside his jacket pocket. Katherine sat still in her chair, taking a short moment to answer.

“Yeah I’ll be fine.” Katherine pushed herself up, the pain in her back and ankles clawing at her. She held the door open for the cop, but her gaze was towards outside. She couldn’t help but be paranoid. Her eyes flickered to different shadows in the dark, scanning everything.


“Night kid.” The cop waved and walked out the door. Katherine sighed quietly and shut the door. She turned the lock slowly, hearing the little click after. As Katherine walked up to her room again, her heart pounded in her chest. She was on edge, jumping out of her skin at the slightest noises. Katherine grabbed her sketch book from the broken desk near her bed. She sat down, pencil in hand, and began to draw. She began to think deeply once again as she sketched. Katherine thought of her mother, her cheerful laughs and smiles. Katherine thought of her siblings and their giggles. These warm thoughts melted the walls Katherine put up. She genuinely smiled, the warm feeling coming over her.


“Mhmm, there you are.” A deep voice yelled happily from outside Katherine’s door. The man from before flung the door open, running at Katherine. His hands gripped her wrists intensly, making Katherine’s wrists go bright pink. Katherine tugged on her arms, desperate to escape him.


“Kathy, oh Kathy, you’re special tonight.” The man laughed and pushed Katherine outside, she attempted to cry for help but before she could a shorter guy came up and covered her mouth. The two men dragged Katherine to a black car, the exact color as the night.


“Flake tie her wrists already! Don’t mess up like last time!” The man spat at the one called Flake, who quickly tied Katherine’s wrists together. The man who was holding Katherine was a bit taller than the one called Flake. He was bigger in muscle than Flake. Flake looked about 5´6 and was skinny compared to the other guy. The two both wore disturbing animals masks over their over their faces, with back clothing. The taller guy had a black wolf mask, and Flake had a grey wolf mask. Both masks appeared to be snarling, which added onto the disturbing effect.


“Cover her mouth too, also tie her ankles! Flake, I still wonder why he put us with you.” The man sat in the car, and soon the engine began to purr quietly. Katherine was stuck in the back of the car, struggling. Katherine felt tears burn in her eyes, but she didn’t dare cry at this time now.


“Katherine, you should’ve paid more attention.”



Chapter 2: Kathy, oh, Kathy.



Katherine struggled in the back of the car, tears rolling down her face. She was still in the car scared to death. Her heart pounded furiously against her chest, fear running into her veins. The rope around her ankles and wrist cut into her flesh, making her skin raw. Katherine couldn’t focus, everything in her mind screamed at her to escape. To run, to hide, anything to get away. She never had felt this type of fear, it was deadly. She couldn’t scream, she couldn’t cry out, she was stuck being mute and for once, she hated it. Katherine thought to herself to calm down, don’t be an idiot anymore, Katherine thought to herself. She glanced at the doors, which were both locked. She scanned her surroundings, looking for anything that could help her in any way. The back of the car had dark red stains which Katherine assumed was blood. She rolled around, trying to sit up. After five minutes she managed to and searched the back of the front seats. She had to tilt herself in a uncomfortable position, but she finally got into the pocket.  

She had her hands pressed together, and so she had to lean forward into the seat to put her fingers into the pocket. She felt the cold leather against her hands, nothing. She moved a little bit to the right, feeling something puncture her fingertips. She jerked back in pain, but she then went back to the object. It was a cold metal, the blade smooth. A knife probably. Katherine felt hope appear in her chest, and ran her fingers down the blade of the knife, feeling for the handle. She felt another smooth surface and wrapped her fingers around it uncomfortably. She was smiling, but it didn’t show since her mouth was tightly covered by tape. Carefully glancing at the two men in front, she placed the knife onto the seat. She pushed it into the crack of the cushion, the knife’s blade standing straight upward. Slowly and carefully, she moved her hands behind her back. Katherine held her breath as she moved the rope against the blade. Slice after slice, nothing seemed to happen. Each slice, that little bit of hope faded. She wanted to sob, but she felt the ropes suddenly loosen around her wrists. Katherine pulled away from the knife, and the rope fell off her wrists, exposing the reddish-pinkish raw skin underneath. She wanted to laugh in joy and relief, but she was still in the car with these two murderers.

Katherine looked at the car doors against, both of them were still locked. She could perhaps use the knife? Didn’t they deserve it? They put all those other people in pain.. Katherine thought about this for a moment, her eyes on the knife. A sudden blankness came over her, as if she had no emotions. I need to escape, I need to. Katherine grabbed the knife, her grasp firm around the handle. She went behind the guy, Flake,  in the passenger seat, her pulse pounding in her skull. Thump, thump, thump, thump.. It became louder as she aimed the knife towards the guy. Mhm, this would be better for everyone right? This was all self-defense… After convincing herself it was no harm, she ruthlessly stabbed the knife into the Flake’s back.


“Jesus!” Flake screamed and started struggling. The driver was yelling commands at the other. Katherine yanked out the knife, and began stabbing the man in front of her repeatedly. She felt hatred come over her, and she didn’t care what she was doing. Flake suddenly stopped struggling, and fell limp in his seat. His head dangled in front of his chest, looking lifeless. The only thing keeping him from completely collapsing, was the seat belt that was tight around his chest.


“Oh my god.. You little-” Before the man could finish what he was saying, Katherine stabbed him too in the chest. He fell into shock, and looked down at the blade. Taking advantage of that, Katherine quickly went into the passenger’s seat, careful not to touch Flake. She flung the door open, and forced herself to jump out of it.

Katherine opened her eyes slowly, feeling grass rub against her face. She ripped off the tape from her mouth and grunted in pain. Everything screamed at her, but she didn’t move. What  happened? Katherine searched through her last memories and remembered the lifeless body of the man.. Wait, did I do that? No I couldn’t. It wasn’t possible, I would never do that. I’m not a murderer am I? I surely didn’t mean to! Or did I..?

Katherine sat up and glanced around herself quickly. She was in some field beside a road. There wasn’t any houses in sight, everything was just grass, trees, and silence.. Katherine rubbed her face, and noticed her hand was covered in a dark red smudge. She felt her eyes widen in shock, and tried rubbing the dried blood off her hand. It had colored her skin, and there was no chance of her getting it out without water. Katherine felt foolish and dumped her head into her hands. She felt tears burn in her eyes, and they rolled down onto her hands. They dripped slowly off Katherine´s hands, slightly damping the ground.


¨Why did I do that..?” Katherine murmerd the words quietly, her voice shaking as she spoke. She had killed killed a man without mercy. She ended his pathetic life as quick as that. She was sick. I'm probably insane, yeah, insane.. Katherine continued thinking to herself, tears still pouring out of her eyes. I guess that's why I’m, well, different. Foolish, that's the word to describe me. Another fool, just somewhere alone, alone with my own thoughts.. A person's thoughts can kill themselves better than a knife. They drive can drive a person into insanity. Thoughts open deep wounds, physical and mental. It's the main reason why Mother left. Of course it was..

Katherine was just like her mother, but she didn't realize that. No one cared to tell Katherine anything. No compliments, no warnings, no advice, she has always been treated that way. She was seen as if she wasn’t even there. Sure, this helped her get peace and quiet most of the time, but this could lead to rather, disturbing thoughts. Katherine’s mother was mentally ill. She was in a state of depression. She often drank and smoked to ease her pain. Katherine’s father was slightly more responsible, but he had let Katherine’s mother take her siblings. He didn’t want to deal with any stubborn children, so he kept Katherine. To him, Katherine was seen as an object. She wasn’t something he cared about. All he cared for was himself, money, drugs, and so on. Katherine was affected by this, as anyone would be.  

Katherine lifted her head up from her hands, her eyes bright red. She must’ve looked like a mess, a cold, bloody, mess. She forced herself to stand up, her legs wobbly. Her body ached with pain, but she walked through the tall grass towards the road. Her light brown hair along with her highlights, were now a reddish mess. Her shirt and jeans were ripped and torn, which were also slightly red. Katherine stepped onto the dead road, and walked along it, her gaze down towards her feet. She could walk endlessly for miles, but what else could she do?


The sun had disappeared, and Katherine was still walking endlessly. She had short shallow breaths and fell down onto her knees. Katherine's body ached with pain from walking and more. She was dehydrated and starving, so that was added to the mix. An empty space in her stomach seemed to form as time passed. She just wanted to be in her soft bed, drifting off into sleep, blocking the world off. But now, she was beside a dead road, dirt and blood smudged on her clothes and body. There were various scratches on her legs and arms, some bleeding fresh blood, and some weren´t. Katherine felt a mix of different types of pain, and she sighed. Am I on the brink of insanity? This thought came to her and she stared off into the distance. Little did she know, she actually was. Katherine was slowly becoming emotionless. She was corrupted, she always was. Katherine knew this, and it didn't bother her too much. After years of being corrupted, I suppose you could, well, used to it.

Katherine´s jeans were ripped at her knees, the two holes becoming bigger as she went on. She pushed herself to her feet and forced herself to walk again. She was dragging herself to nowhere, only to an endless road. The sky darkened and soon enough everything was submerged in the dark. Katherine looked down at the road, towards her feet, and continued thinking. She felt as if she had forgotten something.. It then came to her, those people, they said something to her. Wasn't it like ¨You should have listened.¨ Listened to what? Katherine frowned and knew she was missing something. She was observant of her surroundings, what had she possibly missed? Katherine came up with questions, but she had no answers. Oh how fun, another thing causing me to go insane. Katherine rolled her eyes to herself, and kept on dragging herself to nowhere.



Chapter 3: The Brink of Insanity, Kathy.


Katherine had been walking for about 7 hours, or so she thought. She had no way to tell time, so she just judged by the sun. She felt herself become dehydrated even more, how much could a person go without water? Katherine knew she could go three weeks without food, but she already was starving. Hunger, screaming at her, but she had no way to get rid of it. Katherine guessed either she could go from three to four days without water. Not much time though, not at all. Katherine remembered seeing her father, eating dry cereal, being disgusted by it. She had never wanted to eat anything more, she didn't care if it was stale or dry, she needed food. Katherine was more desperate than ever for a single bite of meat. She felt her mouth water at the thought, and then shook her head. Katherine was only making it worse for herself.   

Step after step, she felt herself lose concentration of walking. Food, food, food, it echoed inside her head. It felt as if there was a gaping hole inside her stomach. Her mouth was becoming drier as she went on. Her lips were also dry, often sticking together when she closed her mouth. She then would open her mouth slowly, the skin of her lips stinging and even peeling off. A horn blared in the distance, and Katherine instantly looked in the direction of the sound. An old scratched truck, the color of rust itself, was driving towards her. Katherine practiculary screamed with joy, The truck came to Katherine's side, and in the driver's seat was an old man. He had white thin strands of hair hanging down in front of his faded green eyes.


¨Hey kid, you're lookin' pretty messed up.¨ The man spoke with a slight irish accent.

¨I-I, y-yeah.¨ Katherine struggled to talk after not seeing another person in days. The man looked her down from head to toe, and his eyes widened. He knew it. He knew I had killed someone. Dread filled Katherine's face, along with her heart, and she stared back at the old man.


¨Well gosh, you're covered with dirt! How long have you been out here kiddo?” The old man's gaze reached Katherine's. Katherine felt relief, and forgot to reply to him. She looked down at herself, and all the signs of blood disappeared. Instead they were replaced with dirt, grass stains, and scratches.


¨I-I´ve been out here for days I think. I g-got myself lost..¨ Katherine didn't finish her sentence, and looked at the old man's face to see if he believed it. Fortunately, he did.


¨Well kiddo, hop in! You look mighty hungry.¨ The man chuckled and unlocked the doors of the car. Katherine normally would hesitate, but she nearly fell into the car. It felt wonderful to sit onto a cushion, even if it was ripped. The old man leaned into the back of the truck and grabbed a box of crackers. They looked like Oyster crackers, but the brand name was slightly different. Yosteri crackers, it read. Cheap knock-off, but Katherine nearly drooled at the sight of the crackers. The man also had a water bottle that hadn't been opened, and he handed the two items to Katherine. Katherine looked at the food, and then at the old man. He nodded and she instantly began eating. The crackers were stale, but they tasted amazing to Katherine.


¨I'm ol' Nate by the way.¨ The old man, Nate, smiled at Katherine. Katherine nodded back while opening the water bottle and then drinking it quickly. The cold liquid moved down Katherine's throat, and she smiled widely. She stopped eating after three minutes, and looked at Nate.


¨Where is Finerald?¨ Katherine felt fear crawl back into her. She worried about what people thought back at her town, Finerald. Nate sighed, and tapped his fingers against the steering wheel.

¨Maybe about seven or six hours away. Guess you're out of luck kiddo.¨ Finn looked off in the distance, clearly battling a decision. How had time gone by so fast in that stupid car? Katherine looked out the window, her hopes gone once again.


¨I wouldn't mind taking you there though. I'm just a lonely ol' fellow.¨ Nate smiled at Katherine, some of his teeth were missing, others were yellowish-white. Katherine swung her head back and looked at Nate happily.


¨Oh thank you so much, you're the best thing that's happened to me for days.¨ Katherine smiled tiredly at Nate.


¨Get some shut-eye, I'm gonna go drive us to my home, and you can rest there for today. Then tomorrow we'll go to Finerald.¨ Nate turned his truck around, and began driving down the dead road.

¨Can you call your parents?¨ Nate looked at Katherine and she felt stupid. Her phone! Why hadn't she used it? Katherine felt her pockets for her phone, and managed to find it in her back pocket. She pulled it out, and it was falling apart. The screen was peeling off, and the battery was exposed The screen was scratched and shattered.


¨Oh darn, welp just sleep then.¨ Nate looked back to the road. Katherine closed her eyes and leaned her head against her seat belt. She instantly felt her body shut off, and felt herself slowly go into unconsciousness.



Chapter 4: Hope? That doesn’t exist, sadly.


¨Hey kid..¨ A distant voice called quietly.


¨Kiddo..¨ It continued, but slowly became louder.


¨Mhhm?¨ Katherine's fluttered her eyes, and felt someone gently shaking her arm. She opened her eyes to see Nate, smiling at her. The sun shined down onto Katherine's face, coloring her orange. There still wasn't any houses in sight, but the land was different.


¨We're here! Oh, by the way, Muggie likes people a lot. He's a good pupper.¨ Nate got out of the car and moved slowly to an old reddish house. Katherine sleepily followed after him. She stepped behind Nate, who was fumbling with his keys, his body turned towards the door. Suddenly, high pitched barking came from the house. Little footsteps seemed to grow closer, and then there was scratching at the door. Nate opened the door, and there sitting in front of him was a tiny pug looking up at him. He had black smudged fur patches on his cream colored coat.


¨Muggie! Hi, we´ve got a visiter!¨ Muggie wagged his short curled tail at the sight of Katherine. Nate made a waving motion to come in, and so she did. Inside the house was an old coffee table and a fur covered couch. In front of that was a small TV, not much bigger than a large computer. There was an upstairs, and a small kitchen towards the back of the room. Muggie ran around Katherine sniffing her. He probably smells the blood. Katherine sighed quietly as she thought that. Muggie then rolled over in front of Katherine, exposing is fur covered belly. He whimpered, and she gave him a pat on the head. Katherine never found dogs, entertaining, I guess.


¨We need to get some rest before our trip tomorrow. I´m gonna be upstairs, help yourself to the food. Katherine nodded and watched the old man slowly go up the stairs. They creaked as he stepped on them. Eventually, he disappeared out of Katherine´s sight. Katherine stared down at Muggie with a blank expression. Emotionless, mhm, how fun. Katherine walked over to the couch and lay down. She closed her eyes, feeling her body relax. Soon enough, she was asleep.

Katherine felt a soft whimper by her ear. She turned the other way and felt Muggie pawing at her. She grunted and shot up.


¨What do you want Mugg-¨ Katherine lost her words as she saw the old man, Nate, on the ground. His hand was over his heart, blood was on his face, glass shards were beside him. What the hell? Katherine glanced over to the door and saw it was wide open. Muggie began barking loudly, and then three men ran into the house. They wore those wolf masks from before, just different colors. Katherine jumped up, scooped up Muggie, and jolted up the stairs. He continued to bark and Katherine slapped a hand over his mouth as she slipped into the nearest closet.

Inside the closet, Katherine couldn’t see anything. She felt her vision shift, and as seconds passed she could see the figures of objects and clothes inside the closet. Muggie shifted under her arm anxiously. Katherine still covered his mouth, and she could feel the hot air from his nostrils push against her palm. She stood still, her feet glued down to the old wooden floor. Loud fast steps could be heard. They quickly grew louder, and one guy was in the room. He looked familiar, especially with the wolf mask. Why… Is that.. Katherine slowly felt fear crawl into her veins. Katherine studied the tall figure. He wore the same black mask as her old captor. Katherine felt Muggie wiggling more aggressively.


“Katherine, we’ve done this before. Wouldn’t you like to accept that you, Katherine White, are a pathetic failure.” The man laughed loudly. There was a white reddish bandage over his chest. The stab wound, he must’ve gotten help. D****t. Katherine pushed Muggie firmly against her. He pawed at the side of her chest.


“The old man’s dead. Can you fools hurry, that includes you too Ian!” A voice called from downstairs. The guy stopped his laughter. He held a knife and raised it closer to his chest. Ian, of course he’d have an obnoxious name. Katherine felt that blank feeling come over her. It consumed her fear, and she was ice cold. She lowered Muggie down to the floor, her eyes on Ian.


“Be a good dog, and don’t start.” Katherine faintly whispered to Muggie, and she carefully slipped her hands away from Muggie. Muggie obediently listened, and stood beside Katherine. She was suddenly empty, something not many people can manage. A cold, blank, empty, person. Ian searched around the room, often looking under the old man’s bed and so on. Katherine turned behind her and ran her hands along the walls of the closet, feeling for anything useful in this situation. A smooth, cold, surface brushed against her hands. She moved bato the left and felt it again. Katherine gripped the object, and it fit into her hand. Possibly a cane? Probably, it should do, though. Katherine felt her lips rise, creating a small smile. Muggie tilted his head as he watched Katherine hold the object in both of her hands. She held it close to her, and her breathing became silent. Ian slowly stalked over, a sadistic smile on his face. Oh, how lovely. Katherine thought to herself coldly.

Ian threw the closet door open, and Katherine slammed the metal object into Ian’s head. She closed her eyes in shock to the bright light, and Muggie ran out in fear. She heard Ian curse under his breath, and she opened her eyes. She saw Ian holding his head in front of her. How foolish. Katherine sighed, and looked down at the object in her hands. It was a cane, she had gotten that right. She raised the cane and swung it into the right side of Ian’s ribcage, making him grunt and lose his footing. He fell backward and Katherine looked down at him. About time for some answers. Katherine crouched beside him, the cane still close to her chest. Ian was sweating, his teeth were clenched together, and he covered his side with his hands. Honestly, you’d think he would put up a better fight, but instead he failed, miserably.


“You’re just so foolish. Now, Ian, be useful and tell me why you’re all so desperate for me. Perhaps it’s my looks? That’s disgusting then, really.” Katherine frowned and watched Ian hesitate. He opened his mouth, deciding what to do.


“She’s-” Ian began, and Katherine swung the cane swiftly into Ian’s head again. He cried out and closed his eyes.


Ian, I wouldn’t do that. Now, now, tell me.” Katherine’s voice gained a firm, poisonous, tone. She became intimidating, to Ian. A teen, suddenly humiliating a young man. Katherine looked much older than her age, even if she was covered in dirt.


“We’re just assigned to you. You’re wanted Kathy.” Ian spoke quickly and knocked the cane out of Katherine’s hands. He tackled Katherine and stared at her with hatred. She tried pushing him off, but Ian was bigger than her. Her hands were pinned own by Ian’s, and she was helpless. She gritted her teeth and tried beating his grip, but it was no use.


“Ah d****t!” Ian slapped a hand at his neck, and there Muggie was, his small teeth piercing into Ian’s flesh. Muggie fell off Ian, and whimpered. While Ian moved his right hand of Katherine’s she slipped out of under him and retrieved the cane. She began slamming the cane into Ian, beating him brutally. Each time she hit his body, it was a swift powerful motion. His skin began turned redder, and the flesh swelled. Ian stopped moving, and Katherine continued to beat his body.


“My god..” A voice called out from the other side of the room. There was another man, staring at the disturbing sight. Katherine dropped the old man’s cane, and stared at Ian. Insanity was crawling over that wall of Katherine’s. She was beginning to realize it, wasn’t she? She hated to admit it but, she liked the feeling. The feeling of letting herself go, and act. No worries, no stress, just action without thought. The adrenaline flowing through her was amazing to her. Her skin tingled with delight. She hated herself didn’t she? Oh, totally. Katherine continued staring at Ian’s body. He twitched from time to time, meaning he was still alive. Next thing she felt, was cold metal snapping onto her wrists.


Katherine felt a soft padding below her.  What happened? Katherine rolled to her side, feeling more soft padding. She dug her nails into the padding. She raised her head, and she was blinded by a bright light. Katherine shut her eyes in shock, and opened them slowly again. Her vision adjusted and Katherine seemed to be in a padded room. Fear struck her in the chest, and she stood up. It was a white padding, which seemed to be soft. Katherine glanced around herself, her head whipping to each side of the room, trying to notice a door. On the top right, there seemed to be area where the padding was bulging out more. Katherine ran over to it and crashed into the padding. She ran her hands along the padding, searching for a handle of some sort. Nothing, absolutely nothing. Fear grew, it spreaded like a disease through Katherine. She slammed her fists into the padding repeatedly, and sunk down to her knees. A  place where they keep bloodthirsty creatures, like me. Fear was quickly mixed with anger. Not just your normal average anger, rage. Katherine kept hitting the padding, and heard a muffled voice. She stopped hitting the padding, her fists slowly going down to her knees.


“Yeah we found..” Katherine was barely able to hear the voice.

“She’s just a..” A new voice, Katherine noted.


“Do you kn..” It stopped then. Everything, gone. Nothing. Katherine hit her fist against the padding and it fell slowly back down onto her thigh. She looked down at her jeans and they were clean again, and so was her shirt. The blood and dirt that were pasted to Katherine’s clothes disappeared. Apparently her clothes had been cleaned. Katherine touched her cheek and felt dirt there. Her skin still had dirt on it, someone just had decided to clean her clothes. A small act of respect, after weeks.

Katherine stared down at the padding, picking at the dirt under her nails. She felt padding gently push into her face and she looked up to see a woman’s face. She had brown hair going down to her back. She had innocent looking green eyes and looked down curiously at her.  Katherine stood up and backed away from the woman. The woman held a tazer in her hand, and in the other a clipboard with a checklist on it. “Insanity Check.” it read. Katherine glanced behind the door and saw people rushing quickly around wearing white doctor coats. There was metal doors on the left and right in the hall. The hall seemed to go on for forever. Two men appeared behind the girl, wearing heavy padded gear. Guards. Katherine stood away from them, trying to figure out what to do.


“Hi, I just need to ask a few questions okay?” The woman spoke softly, but there was something hiding behind her voice. Katherine kept silent, and watched the woman walk closer to her.


“How do you feel?” The woman was eager to get answers.


“What’s your name?” She continued to push on, even though Katherine didn’t speak.

“Do you have family?”  The woman had a pen in her hand.


“Do you know where you are?” She was becoming more agitated.


“No.” Katherine gained a serious tone, the one she used on people she disliked.


“Okay, do you know why you’re here?” The woman scribbled notes on the checklist.


“No.” Katherine knew all too well, she was just playing the innocent role. The woman checked off something on the board.


“Okay well, do you know what you’ve done?” The woman met Katherine’s eyes. Katherine appeared quiet and serious and looked much older than she really was. The woman glanced down and checked something off, again.

© 2018 Nuggetwritingtrash


Author's Note

Nuggetwritingtrash
Leave what you think, I'm always willing to hear opinions. Also, please ignore the grammar mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on April 3, 2018
Last Updated on April 3, 2018
Tags: Fiction, bloody, dark