I Remember....

I Remember....

A Story by Brooklyn

I watch you walk in the coffee shop with her. You lead her to a table and promise to come back soon with the drinks. As you walk to the counter I see the loving glance of her eyes on your retreating back. Her eyes then travel towards me. Her first reaction was startled. Then she pretends to look away.
I scrutinized her.
How her perfect blonde locks fell over her shoulders like waterfalls. In comparison to my wild, untamed ginger hair
How her sky blue eyes hid beneath her long dark lashes. In comparison to my dull green left eye and plain brown right eye in full display.
How she held herself with such confidence and oozed respect. In comparison to my timid form and lack of emotions.
You come back with the drinks and grab her full attention.
I remember when that was me. How every movement you made lit me up like a Christmas Tree.
I watch as you play with her blonde curls.
I remember when you used to twirl your finger through my hair, joking about about how unruly it was.
Her blue eyes were filled with mirth. Like the way my eyes used to be.
I can't help but sigh as I take a sip from my coffee cup.
Why couldn't she see you were using her. A prop. A toy.
Then again, I was no different. I was too naive and fell for your charming looks. But, beneath all that was something worse.
I still remember.
We sat at the very table you and her were sitting at. You got our favorite drinks and sat back down. You put your hands around mine. I still remember the feel of your rough hands scratching against mine. You opened your mouth and there came the lengthy speech. Even before you spoke, I knew what was to come. How it took everything in me not to cry and scream at you. At all your lies and deceptions. How my hands shook and I tore them away from your grip. Your face remaining stoic and emotionless as I stormed out of the cafe.
I now get up and leave the cafe. Watching out of the corner of my eye as you and her laugh about something little and petty.
As I open the door, the cold winter wind bit my cheeks. Just like your words do.
I pity the girl's heart. How, sooner or later you'll break it into pieces beyond repair.
Of course you couldn't leave the poor girl's heart alone.
Just like you couldn't leave the past several girl's heart alone.
Including mine.

© 2017 Brooklyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was AMAZING I love all you work but THIS ONE (and the Crazy Best Friend) ARE MY ABSOLUTELY FAVORITEEEE

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Added on April 30, 2017
Last Updated on April 30, 2017

Author

Brooklyn
Brooklyn

Fayetteville, NC



About
I am very creative, music loving, and lazy. But I love to read and write.😀😀 more..

Writing
Yourself Yourself

A Chapter by Brooklyn


Please Please

A Chapter by Brooklyn