Mirror

Mirror

A Poem by SoledadSamuels

Like holding up a mirror so I can see my own reflection

Like a soldier in battle who suddenly gets a limb sliced off

Like a gun shot wound to an unsuspecting pedestrian

Like a gun shot going off too early at a horse race

Like a sword that pierces through to the other side, out a fleshy back.

Like a headless body that twitches in the final seconds before inanimation

Like you,

Like me.  

© 2014 SoledadSamuels


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the anaphora. The different imagery when contrasted against each other jolts the reader a bit, which is a good thing.

I like how it ends too. Natural sense for how to end a poem without being formulaic. Poignant.

Nice job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Reflections are something when people pay mind I think you did a wonderful job and ended it quite nicely, Sometimes more says more than it needs. You write for you nothing more nothing less, that's what makes a great success:) Allow you words to be the light to guide it all upon a bright, let them flow to a feverish wind, when spoke they rise up from within. Words should always be in a linger of breeze they find their own way home:) I look forward to reading more of your writes:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Good flow of thoughts. You left a open door for more. I like the use of repetition. Kept the reader involved in the statements. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 10, 2014
Last Updated on March 12, 2014
Tags: #poem #shortpoem

Author

SoledadSamuels
SoledadSamuels

Lancaster, CA



About
"I doubt people would want to read the musings of my mind. My poor, conveyor belt mind. No one wants to see the seams. No one wants to see the bearings. No one wants to learn about each part of the ca.. more..

Writing