~*~Her Life~*~

~*~Her Life~*~

A Poem by Solitaire-P0ette
"

I wrote this YEARS AGO...just one of my flashback favorites.

"
A YOUNG GIRL WALKS INTO THE HALLS OF LIFE, 
IMAGES OF HERS FLASH ON THE WALLS AS SHE PASSES BY. 
MOTHER'S ON DRUGS, DAD'S AN ALCOHOLIC, 
THEY MAKE THEY MONEY OR HOWEVER YOU WANNA CALL IT. 
YOU GIRL DOES WHAT SHE SEES, 
SO WHAT HAPPENS? 
BABI ENDS UP WITH A CHILD AT THE AGE OF 15. 
HER WORTHLESS PARENTS KICK HER OUT ON HER OWN 
BUT THIS CHILD REFUSES TO BE ALONE. 
HER LIFE IS OVER SHE CAN JUST FORGET IT 
THE SPERM DONER LEAVES, HE JUST WANTED TO HIT IT 
NOW ITS TIME TO QUIT IT 
THE NEXT MAN IS EVEN WORSE, 
HE BEATS HER, YELLS, SCREAMS AND CURSE. 
AFTER 2 YEARS SHE UPS AND LEAVES 
FINDS ANOTHER MAN THAT PROMISES TO GIVE HER WHAT SHE NEEDS. 
THIS ONE IS CONTROLLING AND LOVES TO FIGHT, 
GET DRUNK AND SNEAKS INTO THE CHILD'S ROOM AT NIGHT. 
HE TOUCHES HER I PLACES AND DOES WHAT HE PLEASE. 
SHE IS NOW HIS TOY TO PUT HIM AT EASE. 
THE YOUNG GIRL WHO IS NOW 18, 
LEAVES THAT MAN AND BECOMES THE PROSTITUTION QUEEN. 
SHE WANTS TO RAISE HER GIRL TO ALWAYS DO RIGHT, 
BUT YET SHE'S SLEEPING WITH A DIFFERENT MAN EVERY OTHER NIGHT. 
AT THE AGE OF 20 SHE GETS AND H.I.V. 
IT UNCURABLE SO SHE JUST MIGHT D.I.E 
POOR BABY ALL SHE HAD TO GO THROUGH, 
IT WOULDNT HAVE NEVER HAPPENED IF SHE DIDNT GIVE IT UP WHEN HE SAID, "I LOVE YOU" 

© 2010 Solitaire-P0ette


Author's Note

Solitaire-P0ette
I wrote this YEARS AGO...just one of my flashback favorites.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awe this was a sad story...I don't think any person or girl deserves it...Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


OH JESUS!! What a chilling write; Chilling..
[email protected]


Posted 13 Years Ago


You handled the harsh realities well in this poem.. you have a certain fluidity that comes of as simple but may be closer to honest. Your description is top notch and I like how you bring the poem full circle both in imagery and when it comes to its subject.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! this brought tears to my eyes. The harsh reality of the world, if only the parents showed more love and support to their daughter. Love is a powerful thing, if used right the world would be a better place.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Extremely raw...brutally honest...nerve-wrecking...painful
This is powerful, Girl!
Your poem tells a story...the story of more than girls than it should...
Amazing that You are capable of feeling and comprehending something this huge

Posted 13 Years Ago


sadly this is almost the norm nowdays~ the poetic tale is raw and gritty and breathes powerful impact through the reader's heart~ in the undercurrents of the poem is apparent a fierce indictment of this society which has created unparents with a throwaway mentality carefully cultivated by the socio political push of the invisible upper echelons who cast away everything that doesn't benefit them monatarily~ in a throw away society~ we have to cultivate our own self worth~or be lost on the piles of devastation and sorrow~
powerful writing~

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very grown up message from a young girl. As Shawn mentioned there were grammatical errors (from being written as an even younger girl, I'd imagine). However, in a way, I think it adds to the pain of the young girl who didn't get to improve her education or lot in life.

Posted 13 Years Ago


a very interesting and touching story behind this poem....great work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awe so true nicely done. Hopfully everyone will know one day that even though they say the three magic words it dose not mean you should give it up. Its called waiting and being patient. If they can do that they might have actually meant it

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. Painful to read. But the written life of many in this world. Yet, I would say that it never would have happened, not if she wouldn't have given it up--which is true, don't get me wrong--but I think it wouldn't have happened if her parents had said "I love you." Love of a family can create a totally different path in one's life. A few grammatical errors, but I still got the deep, emotional listen and images clearly. Lovely work from years ago.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 20, 2010
Last Updated on September 20, 2010

Author

Solitaire-P0ette
Solitaire-P0ette

Kansas City, KS



About
I'm a young girl who loves to write. Writing is my outlet. When i feel that no one will listen and i'm overwhelmed, my emotion comes out through my poetry. Writing is my passion, and no one can EVER t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..