The Forgettables

The Forgettables

A Story by Sage Ember
"

Just a story (kinda AUish) about people and our social hierarchies

"
I am Sage Ember. It doesn't matter how old I am, what I do, where I am. You, my dear friend, are going to forget me anyways. For I, Sage Ember, born of the King and Queen of Noflynnland, the Memorables of all Memorables, is regrettably, a filthy, disgusting, absolutely intolerable Forgettable. Now, my friend from the peaceful and quiet Earth, I am sure you want to know what is this weird thing between the Forgettables (also known as the Filth) and the Memorables (which are, obviously, the narcissists they are, called themselves the Pure). I assure you, this is not simple and pure like your earthly stories. If you don't mind, I shall tell you what happened that caused all this ruckus between these two.......groups, of people.

So, in a time far longer than anyone could imagine, Noflynnland was actually not much different from Earth. We were a peaceful little tribe (yes, tribe. We weren't technologically advanced yet.) Of Noflynns (our species, by the way) who hardly held grudges or fought much. We were friendly towards each other, had happy little lives, spent times with our friends and family, and that's about it. But our naive little mindset broke one day when our chief, Maximus Ember (yes, stupid name, I know.) discovered this one tiny detail in our tribe. Some people were more popular while some were almost.... How do I say this, non-existent. Yes, everyone still remembers their name as they casually walk by, but if they were to participate in something, for example, a simple game of hide and seek, started with eleven people, if they happened to be the last hiding, everyone would probably go, "Hmm. Ten people. Pretty sure we found everyone. Oh well, let's go back to doing our boring old stuff. " And proceed to forget about said person.

Maximum Ember, being the a*****e he is, DECIDED TO BREAK THEM UP TO TWO DIFFERENT GROUPS, WHICH EVENTUALLY LEAD TO THE SEPARATION AND RACISM BETWEEN THE SAME FREAKING SPECIES. There is a reason I hate my heritage sometimes. So yeah, fast forward a few hundred generations, and you reach my parents. Of course, my family stayed as royalty after all these years, our society doesn't really care much about the government/whatever this is(monarchy I think). Every single generation before me were all Memorables, the Pures, the Kings, Queens, Princesses and Princes(except for my weird fifth cousin thrice removed, Indigo Shedis, the product of an idiot teenage royalty falling for a cute dude in college or something, I can't quite remember) and all that pure breeding eventually lead to me, this oddball that spends all my time writing stuff that isn't even relevant. Really, my stories got popular just because of my looks and royal heritage, nothing special there.

////Now, I apologise for this brick of words you have to read (or chose to read because you could have clicked away anytime). But there's more. You now have ten seconds to grab some food or water and get comfortable somewhere. ////

I am an oddity in all perspectives. Not only am I the only person named Sage in the family, I am also (as you already know,) the only Forgettable. I am also the weird one out as a Forgettable. See, I am commonly associated to the Memorables. Why? Because the common traits of a Memorable are Wealthy, Powerful, Attractive, Bland Personality and just all around perfect. Me? I've been told to be attractive since birth, having golden eyes and hazel hair,a refined face and well shaped body. My height is just above average, about 195 centimeters tall. I was born with some freckles around my cheeks, slightly longer eyelashes, and a smile that had made millions of people go heads over heels. Since I was born in royalty, money had never been a problem. My personality isn't what you would normally call bland, it's just that it's so common it almost is. I don't recall ever getting second place in school or losing a match, so that's a thing. I might sound all, around perfect as a Pure, but no. It's almost as if life decided to play a cruel, untimely joke on me. As I graduated from elementary school at 12, my results for Social came back NEGATIVE. Negative, mind you. Something even my closest friends have never expected. From that day on, my life spiraled downwards. I realised why I was always left out. They weren't intentional. They FORGOT about me. ME. I have a breakdown for about a year and not one school would accept me. It hurt. It hurt so bad. I wanted to just die. I wasn't going to let myself give up. I researched about it and soon found hope. It appeared that one's identity as a FILTH or a PURE can be changed. Most changes happen in teenage years or when one is 50 to 60 years old. At that point, most Forgettables would have committed suicide or died of causes. I was determined to change. Guess what? Still stuck as a Forgettable. This will mark my fifth year as a teenager. If I don't speed things up, I'm afraid I might live the rest of my life as nothing more than a commoner, living under the shame of the Forgettable, Filthy ruler of Noflynnland.

© 2017 Sage Ember


Author's Note

Sage Ember
First story. Hope you guys can give some suggestions and stuff. : >

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on October 7, 2017
Last Updated on October 7, 2017
Tags: AU, SFW, Kid, gender neutral, person, social hierarchy, people, forget, other stuff

Author

Sage Ember
Sage Ember

About
Just a writer trying to start because ~~reasons~~ more..

Writing