How To Make Sure Your Travel Venture Is Successful

How To Make Sure Your Travel Venture Is Successful

A Story by SonyaBaskerville

The moment you step off the plane into a foreign country, a rush of adrenaline is bound to consume you. Not only are you in for an adventure and as appreciation for cultures other than your own, but you must be aware of safety and rules abroad as well. This article contains a multitude of travel tips to keep you safe while away from home.

To save money when booking airline flights, check the round-trip prices -- even if you only want to fly one way to a destination. Thanks to quirky airline policies, sometimes it's less expensive to purchase a round trip to your desired locale than to fly one way. At least if that happens, you can save money by buying the round-trip tickets anyway and simply not take the return flight back.

When traveling, even in developed nations, always assume your hands are contaminated. Don't put your fingers in your mouth and avoid eating with your hands. Chances are good you've come into contact with hundreds of people and thousands of surfaces, any one of which could be carrying a disease that you aren't prepared for.
Ảnh
Family and friends can be very gracious in letting you stay in their home, while you are visiting. Show your appreciation by taking a small thank you gift for them. It will show your gratitude and make them more open to allowing you to stay there again, in the future.

When traveling overseas, hang on to your reciepts for credit card purchases. When you file them, date them and note the purpose of the purchase. When you get home, you have an easy way to reconcile your statement with the money you spent. This will make it much easier to spot any fraudulent charges.

To remain safe while traveling in a country stricken by poverty and crime, you should travel with a guide and a group of tourists. Avoid wearing jewelery and do not let anyone see how much cash you are carrying with you. Also, you should not trust anyone you do not know.

Traveling to a foreign country can be fun, but not knowing what the locals are saying is not. Carry a small book of common phrases and translations to help you on your trip. This can really help when you need to ask for directions or book a hotel room for the night.

Above all, staying safe while traveling is the most important aspect of your trip. Hopefully, this article has provided some helpful insight into staying safe on your trip and will allow you to travel worry-free. So, breathe easier, sit back and enjoy the finer things in life (while staying safe, of course).

© 2015 SonyaBaskerville


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on April 12, 2015
Last Updated on April 12, 2015