A Little Noon Nap Nightmare

A Little Noon Nap Nightmare

A Poem by Yiling He
"

Derived from a dream I've had, it might be a torture for some readers, but it was a pleasure when I composed it.

"

Hard to recall

Where, when and why we were meeting each other

Only the how memory is still clear

On the bustling street, we encountered

After a short conversing, we walked into a restaurant

A good seat we took, a fancy meal we ordered

Soon came to the end however we enjoyed

Time to check out, we went to the counter

Only to discover too much we consumed

Unable to afford, we decided to escape together

Chased by some stranger, I was so scared

Lying down quietly with my eyes opening wide

Turned out it was a nap dream I’ve had

PS: It all originated from a noon nap I’ve had today. Here is what I’ve truly dreamed: My cousin and I decided to have dinner at a restaurant. After we finished our order, the waiter asked for a checkout, that’s how everything runs in a Chinese restaurant. I was so furious to find out that we were asked to pay 300 hundred RMB for 5 dishes. I did the math on the spot, and could hardly accept and afford that. I complained to the server how it could be so expensive with such small portions. So I refused to pay anything for it. At that time, my cousin rushed out of the restaurant without saying anything to me. I got worried and was about to chase her when suddenly my father and several other relatives appeared. They were hanging out around accidentally. So we decided to look for my cousin together. I was wondering when seeking for her what made she disappear so suddenly. Did I humiliate her by refusing to foot the bill? Or was she unhappy about our current situation-So poor that even a fancy meal was a luxury to us?  I woke up suddenly without clearing my head from the strange event in my dream.  I decided to write it down as a diary entry but changed my mind after I wrote down the first sentence. I just had the strong urge to make it a poem. So here it was.

© 2013 Yiling He


Author's Note

Yiling He
Welcome to leave your comment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on September 25, 2013
Last Updated on September 25, 2013
Tags: dream restaurant

Author

Yiling He
Yiling He

Yantai, Laishan District, China



About
I am a non-native speaker of English, making it even harder for me to write in English. Difficult as it might be, my passion for writing never slips away. That's what brings me here. As an English lea.. more..

Writing