moving pictures, silent films

moving pictures, silent films

A Story by Jerilynn

It's raining today, as you sit across from me in a booth of our not yet opened bar, slowly stirring your coffee, mind wandering. You're looking out the window at our city. You watch the raindrops dance down the glass, tiny gems the sky let go. What little light there is to this day is coming in and striking your face in the most beautiful way. Without looking away, you smile, because you know I'm watching, and you know I love you. I hold up my phone....click.
This picture sits on the windowsill of our room in a sepia wash, with a string of my pearls hanging off the corner of the frame.

We walk down the street. You've got a good hold our umbrella and my waist. You speak words the way an artist uses paint. While I listen to you closely, I hear nothing, but see your words create the most vivid images of what time will keep stowed away for us. And suddenly (click) everything stops. All your words are in midair, surrounded by the suspended raindrops and splashes from passing cars. You're smiling into my face, while I look into yours, laughing at some obscurely witty thing you said.
This picture hangs black and white on the bricks next to our fireplace, their paint chipping from the heat of the flames.

The warm morning brought a warmer sun, its light glowing through the veil curtains hanging crookedly over the window in our cabin in the woods. I walked to the kitchen with kiss flushed cheeks, tangled hair, wearing only boyshorts and one of your buttoned shirts. You followed, adorably disoriented, looking just as sleepy and unkempt, your hair a mess that the pillows and my fingers created. We sat on the porch swing, both sipping our coffee, tracing words and shapes in the morning dew on the railing. You walked down two of the dewy steps, barefoot. You looked back at me, with my knees to my chin, still wearing your shirt, clutching my coffee mug. My smile turned into a laugh at the realization you had your camera...click.
This one is faded, with worn edges, and stays folded in your wallet which stays in your back pocket.

© 2012 Jerilynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a great idea for a piece. You painted a vivid image with each vignette, and the scenery came alive for me.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jerilynn

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your input! I'm actually kind of frustrated with this piece, I never really finis.. read more
Steven

11 Years Ago

Sure. You should finish it, that's a great start.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 16, 2012
Last Updated on October 16, 2012