A Dangerous Love

A Dangerous Love

A Story by Sorenel Rain
"

This is a tidbit of a short story...if you like it I'll write more! ^_^ This is a writing assignment for Creative Writing. Second Person Short Story.

"

“I will not marry him father! He’s nothing but a cur!” you shouted with fury.

            Your father slapped you hard in the face and bellowed, “you will marry him or you will be sent to the abbey! Maybe then the lord can change your harlot ways.”

            You glare at him and bend to grab the dagger hidden on the inside of you thigh. “I will not marry and no God can change the person I am, no religion can rule my life!” You drab the front of your rather plain cotton dress and run the dagger through the thin fabric displaying your male garb tunic and breeches. 

            Your father looks at you with discussed, “get out of my home w***e, and out of my sight. You are no daughter of mine.” When you just stared back at him he yelled, “The devil take you, leave!” You turn and flee from the hall and the manner that has been your own little hell all your life; into the safety of the woods your father hates so. Your father has a grin on his face and beckons his hounds, “Fang, Beast hunt her down and rip her apart, I’ll not have that harlot running about. She is no longer my daughter.” The hounds snarl and dash after you to do their masters bidding.

            You ran as fast as your legs could carry you, you can hear your former friends crashing through the brush, barking and snarling with a savagery that could kill you. You knew what you would have to do to your loves, you have to kill them both or they’ll kill you. Grief hits you hard, square in the chest, almost making you trip, you know that they were once very friendly creatures. Only turning savage after your father beat them bloody every time they went near you. They were once your only friends, you only hoe now was to get to the pack of wolves you befriended before Fang and Beast got to you, but you can’t hear their calls tonight.

*                  *                  *

            A werewolf’s ears twitched slightly, and he lifted his muzzle in the hair. He could hear you and the hounds running through the woods. He sniffed the air and found that a female was running away from mutts. The werewolf could tell that you and the dogs lived together but they didn’t seem to like you in the least bit. The sound of you voice as you call for the wolf pack for help makes him freeze, your voice triggered something deep in side him. He had no needed to help you, needed to protect you, as if it were the only thing in the world to do. He bounds toward your distressed call to save you and return you home.  He came to the clearing where he saw that you had fallen and the hounds were bearing down on you with the intent to kill.

            You pull your dagger out and hold it out toward Fang, “please don’t do this Fang I still love you! You don’t have to listen to him, run away with me.” You pled with love in your voice, but in return Fang snarls and lunges at you. You plunge the dagger deep into his neck and the only sound that comes from him is his dieing yelp, and the gurgling of blood from his throat. You knew you had to kill Fang but you couldn’t stop the tears streaming down your face. Your head whips up at the sound of Beast growling deeply, his crouches to pounce, but is tackled to the ground but a huge wolf. His fangs burry deep into Beast’s neck and he rips away the front of his throat.

            His massive head turns toward you with blood dripping down his muzzle; you freeze not wanting to have him attack you. You whisper to him, “You saved me thank you.”

            His body stills and fills with need as he looks into your blue green eyes. He takes in your appearance, your long wavy brown, black hair. Your beautiful soft looking face, and the fact that you’re wearing men’s garb. He could tell by your eyes that you don’t fear him in the least bit. You think to yourself, ‘he doesn’t seem like he’ll hurt me…but way?’ You have a great need to touch his soft looking fur, and you attentively reach out with your hand

© 2009 Sorenel Rain


Author's Note

Sorenel Rain
Enjoy! ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on April 23, 2009

Author

Sorenel Rain
Sorenel Rain

Wyoming, RI



About
I'm very crazy, an odd ball of sorts. I love writing, its the perfect way to vent, or say what your thinking without having to censor anything. I write stories, and poems, if I don't write every week .. more..

Writing