Sarah Smile

Sarah Smile

A Story by Marlena
"

A story for my puppy <3

"

Hello, Honey.

She raises her little black nose to the air, the fur on her muzzle stained brown, the color of her eyes. She stands on all fours, paws sinking into the soft earth beneath her. Her nose twitches, sounds reach her ears, both old and new. Her tail brushes along the overgrown grass and she surveys the land around her.

Sarah, smile.

In the sunlight her coat is bleached, in the shadows a soft and creamy tan. Her little pink tongue falls from her mouth, she pants and it seems like she's smiling.

Sarah, smile.

A bumblebee lands on a dandelion in front of her and she stares down at it, curious, she moves closer. The bee, his vision filled with an enormous pink tongue and black nose, sees the impending danger and takes off. Sarah sits back in the grass and licks her nose, she watches the road beside the hill she sits on.

Sarah?

She starts and turns around, ears pricked up and her tail wagging.

C'mon, Honey.

She takes off for the house behind her, tail wagging playfully, ears pressed to her head by the wind, and a smile on her face.

 

© 2009 Marlena


Author's Note

Marlena
Rawr. :D
Sarah is my dog XD and I decided that she is SUCH a good dog that she can have her own little story. Cuz she's cute like that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

AWWWW so cute sounded like my puppy when she would wag her tail like that. Really nice though I liked it a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is such a cute childlike story. Great writing, you have a gift of moments!

Posted 14 Years Ago


oh i loved this. You captured sarah beautiully. I loved it. Tell sarah that i said hi and that i miss her.


Posted 14 Years Ago


Very, very cute

Posted 14 Years Ago


this was adorable...youve got a talent for imagery

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 27, 2009

Author

Marlena
Marlena

NY



About
-What's there to know? It's obvious why I'm here, that's all you need to get it.- more..

Writing
Floating Floating

A Poem by Marlena


Unspoken Unspoken

A Poem by Marlena



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Wolf The Wolf

A Poem by Marlena


Soul Watcher Soul Watcher

A Poem by Ralphy