Growing Angels

Growing Angels

A Story by Marlena

You won't get anywhere with this. I mean, look at it, this frail, meager thing. All bent up and out of shape, all abused and what not. Coulda been great a while ago, but now it's just a crumpled old wing with broken feathers. Who would want that? No one can really use it, I mean, look at it.

 

Maybe it's like, got another use or something. Maybe it's beauty is hiding, lost in broken cotton feathers and downy soft heartbreak. It's like a seed, isn't it? Plant it and it'll grown, not literally of course, but show it love and sunlight and happy things and maybe someday something will pop up- Growing angels, ya know?

© 2010 Marlena


Author's Note

Marlena
Rawr :3 So, I was taking a test in English yesterday on The Catcher in the Rye, and I had to write an alternate ending for it after I finished, you know, for the book. Well, I did, but I wrote this first. I doodled this little crumpled wing in the middle of the page and just kind of...I don't know, it popped up.

What do you think? :3 Reviews and crit appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought this was good. I hated the Catcher in the Rye though. I would have made this the ending as well. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like it a lot :] I like how the voice is so typical of what you'd hear nowadays. "like, of course, ya know" etc. very 21st century-ified. x]
but then there's that lurking brokenness, too. rejected, useless, unwanted, unbeautiful, lonely, hurt. this whole scenario seems like your typical run-in with an "outcast." you see them, you figure they're in pain and want a friend, someone to accept them. but you don't make much genuine effort to help them, for whatever reason. sort of a guilt-trip on the human race.
at least, this is what I got out of it.
I just love your writing.

- Hershey's Kiss

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 27, 2010
Last Updated on March 27, 2010

Author

Marlena
Marlena

NY



About
-What's there to know? It's obvious why I'm here, that's all you need to get it.- more..

Writing
Floating Floating

A Poem by Marlena


Unspoken Unspoken

A Poem by Marlena