To love and hate

To love and hate

A Poem by Soul and Secrets
"

Self love and self care are a challenge for many, but it's even more of a challenge when we start to love someone else while we still posses these qualities

"

She loves her eyes when the sun shines on them, at that moment before the sky turns a mixture of red and blue. She hates her eyes when its been a hard day and they puff up from those tears which sting.

She loves her lips the moment she awakens, so plump and full of life. She hates her lips when she refuses to eat or drink leaving them chapped and undesirable.

She loves her hair when the car window is down, and the wind is combing through it. She hates her hair when she’s been too busy with work to wash or even brush it.

She loves her curves when she finds a pair of her favourite jeans that fit. She hates her curves when she must wear that tight dress which perfectly shows every bump.

She loves you when you love her everything….She hates you when you see all the things she hates about herself.

© 2018 Soul and Secrets


Author's Note

Soul and Secrets
I know my dialogue, use of grammar, flow etc. aren't great (they will definitely improve),but what I write is what I feel. So if it looks like a mess to you...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

actually it is not a mess, i like the dialogue, the love hate innuendos which makes a relationship exciting

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
1 Review
Added on March 18, 2018
Last Updated on March 18, 2018
Tags: love, hate

Author

Soul and Secrets
Soul and Secrets

New Zealand



About
I have no writing degree or recognition's, but I do have soul and I do have secrets. With my passion for writing an all these pent up emotions, I needed somewhere to dump it all. I hope you can unders.. more..