Emptiness

Emptiness

A Poem by Aidanb1998
"

The true emotion of emptiness

"
Emptiness. Emptiness is the feeling of throwing up when you have nothing left in your stomach. The twisted confusion that mangles your thoughts as you ponder over your life. Emptiness is wrapping yourself with endless covers at night, no matter how hot it is outside, just to feel the tiny bit of warm hope left within. It is the feeling of receiving endless amounts of problems with no solution. Emptiness skims the surface of reality leaving our dreadful life trimmed with darkness and shadowed vision. Nothing, not happiness, not satisfaction, not even love can break the torturing emotion. Love is but the child of emptiness, created by humanity to sustain the feeling of comfort, only to leave ourselves more broken then before. Love only distracts us from the inevitable. It distracts us from the unavoidable ache of knowing that nobody is ever truly there for you. Emptiness is a powerful emotion, guiding us through life as we attempt to fill ourselves with happiness. We are brought into this world empty. Not a thought processed in our minds, waiting for the journey ahead, hoping to fulfill ourselves and overcome this devilish enemy. Unfortunately, in the end, we also leave this world empty, with no one; nothing to keep, nothing to remember, as the victims of tragic emptiness.

© 2014 Aidanb1998


Author's Note

Aidanb1998
What do you think of my voice? Please help me improve my writing with thoughts,ideas and opinions. I know it's dark, that's what I was going for.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it. Good job. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 1, 2014
Last Updated on December 1, 2014
Tags: Emotion, love, hope, alone, nothing, sad, depressing, realistic, teenage, adult, happiness

Author

Aidanb1998
Aidanb1998

About
I am a teenager with the love of poetry and short stories. I hope to excell in the field of writing. more..

Writing
The rain The rain

A Story by Aidanb1998