Revelation Chapter 1: Introduction

Revelation Chapter 1: Introduction

A Story by Isaac Lim
"

The Book of Revelations is a book that I can never truly understand in the Bible. But what if it was a manga story? How would it actually be like? This is for fun, so do not feel offended in any way.

"
"Ah... my life... is complicated." 
"I have never touched the Bible in years... but its dusty pages unfolded before me one night."

"It glowed furiously, like it was ripping itself apart... Page by page it turned, and I remembered most of what I read from that book." 

"I won't call myself a Believer, honestly, I don't know much about this religion. But what I'd know was that something is happening... right outside my window."

"A mysterious figure... dressed in a robe, was shone brightly than ever seen before. It wasn't like the sun rays that would have blown off my sockets... rather, it was soothing, like an LED light in a dark cold room."
"Johnathon..." His calm tone spoke. 

"Actually, it's Junko... Junko Naito..." I said as he chuckled softly. 

"I really need to work on my Japanese." He said. 
"Whoa.. whoa.. how did you get in here?" I asked. "Are you a ghost?"

"Nope, my son. My name is Jesus." He told me as he wandered in. "I am God, and everything."

"Ah... I've heard of you... but.. you know.. I am not really a believer..." I said. 

"That's okay." He said as he saw the dusty Bible lying on the ground. 

"Ahh.. the time has come." He spoke.

"Umm... what has come?" I asked. "And... that book was a gift... from some pastor ringing at my doorbell."

"Saint Gabriel has spoke to you it seems." Jesus replied as he picked the book up.

"Wait... what?" I said. "Whoa.. whoa.. what's going on?"
"Well.. John" Jesus began.
"It's Junko." I emphasized.

"Junko..." He started. "Are you a fan of anime?"

"Ehh? That's surprising coming from the Lord..." I said. 

"Haha.. I've watched them, they are highly entertaining. There was one with me and Buddha." 
"Ah, right. That was some good stuff." I said. 

"Have you heard of Fate/Stay Night." 

"Unlimited Blade Works? Yeah!" I said. 

"Well... it's basically that." Jesus implied, as he flipped through to the Book of Revelations. 
"Junko." He said sternly as I gulped. "I need your help." 

"Help!? But you're a God... you can do anything! Why do you need a mere human like me?" I asked. 

"Because... plot." Jesus said shortly. "It isn't easy coming up with good explanations nowadays."

"Alright... so what's up? You haven't really explained that yet." 

"It's a war, young one." Jesus said as he stared out the window. "Take a look outside... there is a lot going on out there."

"All I see is traffic... sir." I said as Jesus laughed. 
"Yes, but soon... a mortal enemy will come and face humanity." Jesus said sternly. 

"But you are God... you can pretty much one punch the devil if you wanted to." 

"So you've heard of that name." Jesus said as he turned towards me. "Lucifer, our failed creation... the Name that no one speaks."

"Failed creation?" I asked. "What do you mean?"

"Lucifer, is an enemy... that man who created sin and violence in this world. He is rising... faster than any eye could comprehend."
"Is he powerful?" I asked. 

"Powerful? Yes, indeed." Jesus spoke. "With more and more people who worships him, who knows when this world will crumble."

I kept silent as he walked towards me.

"I came here because I needed someone to testify. Not in my name, but to hold the Living Sword."

"Living Sword? That's not in the Bible!" I yelled.

"It is now... today.. we change history."

"Why do you need me to wield it?" I asked.
"Only a man can hold the Living Sword, just like how Joshua is the only one who can carry the Ark."

"Um.. I'm pretty sure the priests were the one who carried the Ark."

"Actually, the words were wrong there. Joshua was the only one who can carry the Ark. To him, it actually weighed less than a cardboard. Anyone who touched it should have died." Jesus said.

"Im sure... Joshua was just walking."

"Ahh.. you see... Joshua has an ability called "Electric Shield" which protects a certain radius from God's zaps."

"No wonder Uzzah died from touching it. Joshua wasn't near the Ark to protect it."

"Precisely." Jesus smiled.  
"Now what..." I said.
"Let's begin." Jesus said as he took out 7 candles from his pockets. 
"Where did you keep all that?" I said. 
"I have a Doraemon pocket, it's pretty useful to store many of the greatest things God have built."

"I see..." I said awkwardly. "So why the candles?"

Before I could get an answer, Jesus was trying hard to pull something out from his pocket. 
"WA..WAIT..WAIT IS THAT AN ACTUAL STAR!?"

"OHH... Right... I forgot we are not in Heaven...I should use the modeled ones."   Jesus laughed as he took out 7 gold stars. 
"Are those night lights?" I said. 
"Yes they are, my boy. It's just an illustration." 

"So... what do i need to do?" 
"Okay.. If you actually read the book of Revelations, it would probably be gibberish to you."

"Yeah... pretty much. But is the most entertaining one."
"Exactly. But John was so bad at writing it though." Jesus laughed. "But I've forgiven him." 

Jesus coughed loudly as he continued. "These stars are your tickets. They will guide you to the angels."

"Angels?" I asked. 

"Yes.. your job is to find these 7 angels and seek their help. But you have to fight them!"

"Fight?" I yelled. "Why do I have to do that?" 
"Shh.. God's will." Jesus winked. "I believe in you, Junko." 
"So you do know my name!" I said.

"I memorized it..." Jesus said. 
"So.. how do I get to these places? It's not like I can walk there."

"Be patient, my young palawan." Jesus said firmly. "These candles represent the 7 churches. They will be visible when you reach your destination. Just blow them out to accept the challenge."

"I'm pretty sure that's not how this thing works..."

"Patience... it's okay... " Jesus said as he held the Bible in his left hand.

"Oh yeah you saw what is in my right hand, so you can't back out now.."

"Wait.. wha.." I said as he continued.

"Anywho... the places mentioned... Ephesus... Smyrna... Pergamum.. doesn't exist in this modern era..."

"Eh...?"

"So we have moved to this place called... Bermuda Triangle?" 
"WHA.."

"Yes... there's where we store a temporary Heaven. It's mostly for administrative stuff." Jesus said.

"Okay... so I have to go to the Bermuda Triangle?"

"Yes." Jesus said as he closed the book. "Obey me, book of Wisdom. Turn into a mighty sword that is worth a thousand souls. Bring the user peace and comfort." 
The book turned into a broadsword. 
"Here you go. This is the Living Sword. It is powered by the Holy Spirit, it's one of a kind material."

"I am fighting with this? Looks pretty ordinary."

"Yes... it is." Jesus said. "It has biblical powers."

"Biblical?" I asked. 
"Just say any one verse in the Bible, and it will help you. You can either say the full verse, or just the verse itself. Like John 3:16." 

"What's that going to do? Resurrect you again?" I asked.

"No no, silly." Jesus said. "It will heal your wounds." 
"Cool." I said. "How do I go to the Bermuda Triangle?"

"Say.. Proverbs 3:23-24. " 

"Proverbs 3:23-24..."

"WHOAAA! I feel a little... WEIRD!" I said as I plunged into the middle of an ocean.
"Gasp! I am here... inside the Triangle..." I said as the world warped. 

"Good luck, Junko." Jesus said. "I'll be watching all of this in Heaven."

"Great... now what should I..." As I said that, one of the stars glowed as i was transported into a new dimension.

It was a place like Earth, but it was way smaller, only made up of one island. 

"This.. is probably the place where I can find the churches." I said. 

And so it begins... a journey like no other... a revelation... worth fighting for.
 

© 2017 Isaac Lim


Author's Note

Isaac Lim
Tell me what you think in the comments below.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on May 30, 2017
Last Updated on May 30, 2017
Tags: Revelations

Author

Isaac Lim
Isaac Lim

Singapore, Singapore



About
Hello readers from everywhere. I am Isaac, and I love anime to death. I like to write about many things so please if you like my stories, share it and tell me what can be improved :) General advice is.. more..