My Planet Earth

My Planet Earth

A Story by Spirit_Lotus
"

A few simplistic yet detailed thoughts of life on Earth.

"

My Planet Earth



I live on a planet known to my people as Earth. It’s unsure how long our planet has been here, it’s also unsure how long humans have been known to exist or how we even got here. Ancestors from far out in the galaxy? Who knows.. Once you live a life as vivid as this one.. it’s hard to believe anything isn’t possible. Gigantic, seemingly impossible ancient pyramids built around the world. Stars so far away, we begin to question the existence of time and space. Life, could this be real?


Time, days, weeks, months, years.. things we’ve created with our minds to keep in touch with our lives. To give ourselves meaning, to believe we are here for a reason. Putting imaginary numbers on our bodies known as “age”. “Days of the week”, also another unimaginable design by humans. Why, why must we know the days of the week? Why must we treat our lives like calendars, marking each day off at a time, waiting and waiting to get to certain dates. Forgetting the days in between.


so·ci·e·ty

  1. the aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered community.


Society once long ago was a place where humans could interact, communicate, share thoughts and ideas with one another. Society now, 2014 is control. Society is a construct of power, greed, death and corruption.


Humans are enslaved to currency. Currency is an imaginary value of numbers. Where I live, the people are enslaved to the currency which is printed on green sheets of paper. People will kill for these sheets of paper, people will die for these sheets of paper. Stealing, power, corruption, it all lies behind these sheets of paper.


Why is it so hard, to think as one mind. To speak truth, to be kind and honest. To accept the fact, there may never be a sure answer for.. this.. “Life” .. this construct of sights and sounds.


Our home, Earth. We float in space, rotating around what we call the “Sun”. It provides us light, it provides us growth of vegetation and life. A gift it is to witness this from our own eyes, to watch a giant ball of fire floating in the distance, providing this planet with life. Once you understand the true beauty of this, you will never see it any other way. Let’s not forgot our beautiful moon, the shining white light reflected from the sun we get to witness every night, sometimes even visible during day… what a surprise it always is. My last site.. before death, I wish to see the moon.


Life and Death, two words with great meaning to humans. Life, to be created, to be brought to Earth. Death, to be destroyed, to be taken away from Earth. Life is something we embrace with happiness and glory, death is something we embrace with sorrow and pain. Why do we do this? Why do we embrace Life with endless smiles and death with darkness? Death is one thing in life, we cannot study. We cannot study or foresee what comes after life. I believe “Death” to be as much of an adventure as “Life” has been. Death should be celebrated, but not brought on with intention.

© 2014 Spirit_Lotus


Author's Note

Spirit_Lotus
Open your mind

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the imagery in this piece. The flow was like liquid going from the relation of earth to society's greed and facing death. Good stuff man. Look forward to reading more!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Added on June 6, 2014
Last Updated on June 6, 2014
Tags: Earth, Life, Humans, Humanity, Deep Thinking, Thought, Mind, Unity

Author

Spirit_Lotus
Spirit_Lotus

Charlotte, NC



About
I enjoy deep thinking. more..