Overlooked.

Overlooked.

A Poem by Spitzy
"

How it feels to be overlooked

"
How is it I can be overlooked so easily?
Who ever said do not judge a book cover?
They clearly forgot to give them message to the people who think that their effluent lives matter more.

Everyone everyday looks at what they think is me, judging me by appearance, by how much I might or might not weigh.
They do not judge me on What actually has a bearing on how I can perform, how good I am at what I do?
My face doesn't fit to the social norm of success.
So I get left on the shelf superseded by people who are virtually brain dead.

I am metaphorically, metaphysically, intellectually deeper and superior. Your brain is spasmodically functioning, you sometimes forget to breath. I use words your tiny mind can't contemplate, your an apostate to the human race.

Sometime I think the only solution would be to cleanse the world of your kind separate you from the herd and put the world to rights
But being the bigger and more philosophical person I could not contemplate this apocalyptic holocaust of the over and undeserving privileged.

All I want is the opportunities afforded to these people who get by on looks and lesser ability.
To claim what is rightfully mine stand tall stand and proclaim the world is not a true meritocracy.
But can respond to hard work and ability and sometimes gives people what they deserve.

© 2017 Spitzy


Author's Note

Spitzy
What do you think about it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I believe. If we seek success. May find the success.
"All I want is the opportunities afforded to these people who get by on looks and lesser ability.
To claim what is rightfully mine stand tall stand and proclaim the world is not a true meritocracy.
But can respond to hard work and ability and sometimes gives people what they deserve."
I have been writing for 45 years and I write for the people who love the word. I liked the questions and the need of the poetry. In my young days. I did poetry readings. I liked them. People who gather who loved the word. This is what people who love to write need. Powerful words and thought made me think today.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Harsh and resentful, but justified an brilliant. I really like your work. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Spitzy

7 Years Ago

Again thank you. I use my poetry to vent and I am influenced by many different types of writers from.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 24, 2017
Last Updated on March 25, 2017

Author

Spitzy
Spitzy

Derby, Derbyshire, United Kingdom



About
Looking for a release of my creative ideas more..

Writing
Silence Silence

A Poem by Spitzy