Intro to Freewrite Novel "Everlasting to Everlasting" (Working title)

Intro to Freewrite Novel "Everlasting to Everlasting" (Working title)

A Story by Leon Agnew
"

I'm interested in seeing what people have to say about this possible intro. Comments, please.

"

There were times when you could see the air and smell the sunset.

There were times when the night looked bright and hopeful and the day seemed dark and endless.

There were times, days and evenings, when you sat and smoked and thought about your friends and yourself and where you'd be in a half-century. But you never figured it out.

There were times when you met girls and loved them by dusk and hated them by dawn.

There were times when you spoke hard and walked hard and felt as if world domination was at your fingertips. And then, moments later, you felt so low and miserable that you couldn't even hold up your head, let alone stand.

There were times when you beat yourself and cut yourself and pretended that you felt better in the end.

There were the little things you loved and the big things that never let you go. There were the happy things and the sad things and the ugly truths that broke your heart.

There were times when you cursed your friends and blessed your enemies, but in the end, you never felt fulfilled without them.

There were times when you kicked dogs and burnt cats and screamed with anger and righteous vengeance, but in the end, you always felt like you were the one at fault.

There were times, mornings, when you looked at the rising sun, stretched out your arms and tried to force it back beneath the horizon, but in the end, even though every new day seemed like a curse, impossible, you always made it to that next morning, that next moment of dire hatred between you and the day.

There were times, every single day, when you felt as if you could change the world, but in the end, you never could. You could stand up and fight for what you loved, you could withstand eternities of pain for your beliefs, but you could never change anything. Every morning the sun rose, and every evening the sun set, and nothing ever changed.

© 2010 Leon Agnew


Author's Note

Leon Agnew
Please comment. Be as critical as possible.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

279 Views
Added on October 10, 2010
Last Updated on October 10, 2010

Author

Leon Agnew
Leon Agnew

Cincinnati, OH



About
Born in Ohio. Isn't dead yet. Writes stories about people. Honest stories about people. The world's nasty, and I'm a part of it. So are you. Tell your friends about me, and you'll make my day. more..

Writing
Broom Broom

A Poem by Leon Agnew


Soft Soft

A Poem by Leon Agnew