Stranger

Stranger

A Poem by Zhaira Maria

I dream of you tonight,

You held me in your arms and hugged me tight.

So close to you.

I can feel your warm embrace, heartbeats so fast.

I can smell your fresh breathe that makes my heart flutter.

You danced with me in the sweetest melody that I ever heard.

I wish the music would never end.

You draw me near to you and whisper "I Love You"

I look into your eyes; full of emotions.

But, how can I tell you that "I Love You too?"

We never met before and will never be.

Oh! My heart aches!

'coz in reality, I will never have you and you will never have me too.

If only in dreams I can have you,

I will sleep forever and keep on dreaming.

For in my dreams, 

You and I will always be and forever.

© 2015 Zhaira Maria


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh the imagery in this poem! Like the person before me said, so soothing and soft! The dream motif and the "sweetest melody" line are so beautiful. The content of this poem just makes my heart melt! I would just like to suggest some small edits you could make to make the poem even better. In the second line, replacing "hug" with "hugged" would make the tenses match. In the fourth line, having "I can FEEL your WARM embrace" would make that imagery hit home! In the next line, substituting "fresh breathe" with "fresh breath" would also make that imagery even stronger. I think the rest of the poem could use some minor changes similar to those, but the ones in the latter half of the poem can be simply stylistic choices that you made. If that's the case, that's awesome! I totally respect that! Again, I don't mean to be harsh at all with my critiques. I really liked your poem, and I just wanted to throw in some input to make even better. I wish you the best of luck with your writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Well written, very sweet,soft piece. Thanks for sharing and b-blessed!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 14, 2015
Last Updated on October 9, 2015